First post. Need suggestions on conversion

I've been lurking for sometime-unregisted and finally picked up my first brand new Saiga 12 last weekend. Decided to register and ask a couple of questions.

Trying to do my very first conversion on my Saiga 12. Need some opinions on which of these 2 options would you go with?

1st option:

-replace the TG with the saiga tech unit, I think overall this would look better as I can just spray some sort of corrosion protective paint over the bottom of the receiver and have the Saiga Tech TG finished in duracoat or gunkote for a nice permanent finish on the TG. The problem I see with the option is it will cost more. I am looking at $50.00+ for the TG and then the cost to have it refinished.

2nd option:

-re-use the original TG. I like this option better due to cost but I am worried about riveting/welding as I have access to none of these items and have NO experience with mig/tig welding or riveting.

It appears on some other conversions for the rifle models people are able to butt the front of the TG up against the magazine release. Will this method work on the 12 gauge as well? I would really appreciate some pictures of how people re-used their TG if that is the best option.

Welcome!

Mine has the original trigger guard that happens to be welded on the rear and riveted on the front. Nothing wrong with the DIY TGs though. Both would serve you well. I've seen a few people use button head hex screws in place of rivets on the stock TG conversion. Pretty straight forward.

Corbin

P.S. You accidently posted 2 identical threads. I'm sure a mod will take care of it though.

http://www.cross-conn.com/Saiga_Conversion/index.htm

Not an S-12 but it does apply to the S-12 this the conversion to do moving the trigger forward and putting a pistol grip on it is the way to go. you will need to cut the hole for the nut its a lot of filing with a file ya and its all worth it when your done.

Just a heads up not all parts are drop in and need some whittling the hammer in two spots as well as the BHO and the pin retaining plate (if you use one) and not an e clip or the spring retainer. best to have a belt sander on hand but it can be done with a file or two and some patience

Edited by Williespeed