Fixing a Vodka Special to Make It Work Everytime

And Tony's new phrase just reached another level...lol.

Please don't take this wrong but there are a few things I noticed that could have been done differently. This is just my opinion so it doesn't really mean much...

You probably did more harm than good by welding the exhaust holes closed. I experimented a long time ago with closing that off, to try and improve cycling in my S-20. There wasn't even enough pressure there to blow a piece of scotch tape off so I determined that wasn't an issue.

Pretty good write up but IMO you could have done a little more towards crediting this forum with all the info you have learned here.

Some better pics would be great too after all that trouble you went to to blue them. JMHO.

Otherwise, great job putting together one article addressing all that stuff. I found the refinishing part especially interesting and would love to see some better pictures in good lighting. You are also definitely correct in your observations that the older guns are much better built, with better finishes. At least that has been my experience. I have at least one of every model that was imported by either K USA or EAA, and I have noticed a huge difference in the later guns.

Thanks Cobra and Kyhelo. I certainly got a lot from the posts in this forum, so not trying to take credit by any means. Thanks for all who put forth efforts before me. I wanted to put all them into a single article to make it easier to go through and add the additional info. I may redo some of those final pics too.