Sixty-five House Democrats said Wednesday that they would oppose any attempt by the Obama administration to revive a ban on military-style weapons that President Bill Clinton signed into law in 1994 and President George W. Bush let expire.

The pro-gun Democrats, led by Rep. Mike Ross, D-Ark., wrote Attorney General Eric Holder that they would "actively oppose any effort to reinstate the 1994 ban, or to pass any similar law."

This is from the NRA-ILA website.

and article on this...

http://www.wtopnews.com/?nid=116&sid=1627648

PS: Anyone here from Arkansas please email Mike Ross and thank him.

Edited by Vultite

It's definitely a good thing. If only the 80 million? or so gun owners would vote as a solid block one election. When it's all said and done I'm sure Holder will have the power to do pretty much whatever he wants without needing Congress to sign off. If he can't already. They will have much more clever ways of "banning" things if they really want to. Import laws, ammo laws, could be anything. And since Congress doesn't read what they vote on anyhow they could still slip it through in anything.

Mike Ross is a straight up guy...........

He may be a Democrat, but he is a Democrat of the old school, before they were taken over by the looneytunes that are the Democrat party today......... Southern Conservative Democrat (think Zel Miller)..........

Actually represents the people of his district......"A" rated NRA.........

He can bust hell of of clays, too.............. A really decent guy..........

Just one little factoid I would like to pass on. When the article says, "President George W. Bush let expire.". That is B.S.! George W. Bush said if they put the bill to continue the AWB on his desk he would sign it. He did not let it "expire"! they (congress) never gave him the chance to make a choice! The Bush boys are not our friends!

Just one little factoid I would like to pass on. When the article says, "President George W. Bush let expire.". That is B.S.! George W. Bush said if they put the bill to continue the AWB on his desk he would sign it. He did not let it "expire"! they (congress) never gave him the chance to make a choice! The Bush boys are not our friends!

well, he said that fully knowing that it would never happen. Now, Obama could say the same thing, but he doesn't have a clue as to what his party is doing so thats a toss up

You're correct.

AWB is a poison pill, no one would touch it, even with Bill Clintons dick!

sw33t!

so i am not the only gun toting liberal, who votes, pays taxes and goes to church..

weird.

nope, you're not the only one. I think we should all, on both sides of the isle, write our congressmen and women and let 'em know how many of us oppose any such legislation. I really don't think there's a chance of any ban like this passing, under the guise of securing the borders with Mexico, or for any other reason. It is reasuring to hear, though.....