I'm picking up an SKS tomorrow that still has the bayo attached. I have shot an SKS before but never handled one with a bayo on it. Any plus or minus as far as keeping it on. Again, if I decide to take it off I will throw it at a stranger but please don't let that influence any input. Thanks much. I have to admit I'm a wee bit giddy about picking it up. I've never owned one before.

if it's a norinco.. you may want to loose it..... If I recall correctly... Blade OK but spike bad! Some goofy ATF thing.....

Yes sir it's a Norinco, Blade OK but spike bad!, that was probably their actual terminology when discussing the safety of a firearm. CTM So it may actually be illegal?

Take it off and throw it in a drawer, if you decide to sell it later, it is better to have it for resale price. The screw on them is usually pretty tight, just use caution when taking it off, because it is spring loaded; last time I took one off, I placed the weapon on the carpet and kneeled on the blade, then unscrewed it.

No idea about rules per spike vs blade.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm picking up an SKS tomorrow that still has the bayo attached. I have shot an SKS before but never handled one with a bayo on it. Any plus or minus as far as keeping it on. Again, if I decide to take it off I will throw it at a stranger but please don't let that influence any input. Thanks much. I have to admit I'm a wee bit giddy about picking it up. I've never owned one before.

Dude, I love me some SKS :wub:

post-13516-1239244666_thumb.jpg