If you are new to the Saiga line of the weaponry, I'd like to welcome you to the forum! You will find ALOT of helpful information about conversions of your weapon to simple adjustments to make your weapon better.

I'd also like to explain to you, the importance of using the search panel on top of the screen. If you have a question, type it in the search panel. That way the older members here won't have to answer the same question on a daily basis. The people here at Saiga12.com are incredibly nice and helpful people, but it doesn't take long for them to get annoyed by the newcomers always asking questions that have been asked before, over and over. So please for all of our sakes, use the search panel!

You may also use Google to good effect, with the site:saiga-12.com parameter in your search request.

The below example, when used with Google will return every hit on 'short barreled shotgun' from this forum.

short barreled shotgun site:saiga-12.com

Edited by nalioth
You may also use Google to good effect, with the site:saiga-12.com parameter in your search request.

The below example, when used with Google will return every hit on 'short barreled shotgun' from this forum.

thats neat i didnt know you could do that

thats neat i didnt know you could do that

Yep, you can search any domain like that, not just this forum, too :)

Why not assemble a short FAQ aswell? Some links leading to topics on conversion, some on magazine compatibility, possibly a constantly updated topic on current saiga availability instead of opening a new topic every time someone gets some in stock, et cetera

Why not assemble a short FAQ aswell? Some links leading to topics on conversion, some on magazine compatibility, possibly a constantly updated topic on current saiga availability instead of opening a new topic every time someone gets some in stock, et cetera

I like that idea a lot...

another idea i like?

STOP LETTING PEOPLE MAKE THREADS WITH ONE WORD HOOK TITLES AND NO DESCRIPTION... YOU ARE WASTING PEOPLES TIME!

thread title "help" "do you know if..." etc.. these are ALL busllhit threads.. take a moment and describe with SOME clarity what you need it will allow us to help you faster..

STOP LETTING PEOPLE MAKE THREADS WITH ONE WORD HOOK TITLES AND NO DESCRIPTION... YOU ARE WASTING PEOPLES TIME!

thread title "help" "do you know if..." etc.. these are ALL busllhit threads.. take a moment and describe with SOME clarity what you need it will allow us to help you faster..

This. This is a problem on every forum.

Was this meant to be humorous?

We already have stickies that are ignored on a daily basis.

Was this meant to be humorous?

We already have stickies that are ignored on a daily basis.

i think so.. i think that was the point being made..

him saying make stickies with important information when there already are.. lol its like he's ignoring them like so many others.. thus the funny...

:lolol:

although even within the funny you could imo improve the way they are laid out.. i would unstick all of those threads and make like one master thread called Saiga FAQ or something to that effect that is LOCKED and links all to the important stuff... edit it once in a while.. the reason id do that is just to clean it up a little.. but yeah i think that HE was joking..

Okay maybe we're not on the same frequenc here, i don't think "Olympic takes one in the ass" and "dimples" covers 7.62 mag compatiblity and other returning questions.

Bingo: More cannot hurt. The thing is, you can find most answers already using the search feature.

Also, maybe people with non-converted saigas could stop posting fug-ugly pics in the picture thread. No one wants to see that shit.

Anyway just my 2 cents....

Hmmm...

I thought this was the "Saiga 7.62x39 forum" not the "Only Converted 7.62x39 forum"

There a very worthy members of this forum who for a variety of reasons choose to not convert or partially convert their Saigas. Some may eventually convert them some may not. I have had two and converted both, but the first (a .223) I did a partial conversion with Tapco T6 first, then a full PG conversion. After I traded it for a 7.62x39, I converted it.

BIGSAL, Is this an elitist snob board now? Does one have to spend three times as much on whistles and bells, optics, conversions Bulgy FSBs and brakes than they did on the Saiga in order to be worthy to be a posting member?

LIGHTEN UP GUYS! This is an open forum dedicated to the SIAGA rifle, the real Kalshnikov, made by IzhMash. I have only been on the board 6 months, but have over 350 posts. Many, especially in the beginning were asking questions. Later more were experiences, cook book posts (mostly on the 223 board), and trying to help other new members. The help I have gotten from senior members like Nalioth has been invaluable. He has been more than patient with us "new folks"

I have been guilty of not using the search feature as much as I should. Being a relative newcomer, however, I can appreciate that the is SO MUCH information here, that it is hard for a FNG to even know what to ask or what to look for.

When I went through the Field Training Officer Academy in 1980 to prepare to take new recruits fresh out of the academy out on to the street, the gruff, ex-Marine Gunny who was running the training made a good point. On the first day, he made us do a hell of a lot of push ups to remind us the we were boots, nubes, FNGs, and lost sheep at one time too. He reminded us to NEVER forget how it felt that first day.....

What's all the hate for non-converted saigas? Okay, new users repeating questions instead of searching can get annoying, that's a reasonable thing to complain about. But why on earth would you be frustrated because someone doesn't want to or is not able to convert? And telling them not to post pics? That's just going too far in my opinion.

+1 for the search option!

When I converted my Saiga I had a ton of questions, but before posting a question that had been asked hundreds of times I used the search function and found an answer to every single question I could think of.

There's not a whole lot that hasn't been covered on this site, that's why I love it so much!

Hmmm...

I thought this was the "Saiga 7.62x39 forum" not the "Only Converted 7.62x39 forum"

There a very worthy members of this forum who for a variety of reasons choose to not convert or partially convert their Saigas. Some may eventually convert them some may not. I have had two and converted both, but the first (a .223) I did a partial conversion with Tapco T6 first, then a full PG conversion. After I traded it for a 7.62x39, I converted it.

BIGSAL, Is this an elitist snob board now? Does one have to spend three times as much on whistles and bells, optics, conversions Bulgy FSBs and brakes than they did on the Saiga in order to be worthy to be a posting member?

LIGHTEN UP GUYS! This is an open forum dedicated to the SIAGA rifle, the real Kalshnikov, made by IzhMash. I have only been on the board 6 months, but have over 350 posts. Many, especially in the beginning were asking questions. Later more were experiences, cook book posts (mostly on the 223 board), and trying to help other new members. The help I have gotten from senior members like Nalioth has been invaluable. He has been more than patient with us "new folks"

I have been guilty of not using the search feature as much as I should. Being a relative newcomer, however, I can appreciate that the is SO MUCH information here, that it is hard for a FNG to even know what to ask or what to look for.

When I went through the Field Training Officer Academy in 1980 to prepare to take new recruits fresh out of the academy out on to the street, the gruff, ex-Marine Gunny who was running the training made a good point. On the first day, he made us do a hell of a lot of push ups to remind us the we were boots, nubes, FNGs, and lost sheep at one time too. He reminded us to NEVER forget how it felt that first day.....

Yeah Im a total asshole... I admit it. Still, I stand by my statement! :haha:

I have to agree with the overall sentiment of this thread . . . I was a member for 11 months before I posted shit (anything) . . . I'm not saying it's the only way to go, it just seems the way to go . . . You know, read some shit, then ask questions. But then again, I'm a fast learner, some require a little more coaching, that's cool, just keep you nose to the books (threads) . . . Different strokes for different folks IMO . . . And I undrestand about not wanting to fuck up your gun(s), if you're unsure of your skills, send it to one of our business members. They know their shit . . .