Tromix Receiver Back Plate or Internal Stock Adapter? Pros and Cons?

Hi all. I am in the process of doing my research before I begin my first Saiga 12 conversion. Just looking for a little clarification. I believe these two items are for the same purpose.

Tromix Receiver Back Plate - $15 - Needs to be welded onto back of receiver

Internal Stock Adaper - $45 - Bolts onto receiver

Are the only differences the obvious - price and installation?

Or does anybody have any additional tips, advice, or experiences on which one of these works better with a tromix stock and folding mech.

Thanks for the help

Mike S

I think it just comes down to price and materials. If you have the means, you probably can't beat the weld on plate. I have two, and a welder, just not sure which to make permanent yet. Once it's welded on it's not going anywhere. At first I was against the internal adapters, and didn't want to modify an Ace adapter. But as time has gone by, there are more "internal" options out there now. Magnolia State Armory here has some new ones out as well, one with folder built in coming next week. MAA also has one, think even CSS has one. They all bolt on, if you get an aluminum block you won't be welding it.

• 1 month later...

Personally, I've always preferred the weld on back plate. It allows you to angle the back of the receiver to get the stock right so that the sights line up as they should when you shoulder the weapon. However, either CSS or MSA has recently come out with a bolt on internal block that has an angled rear face, which the Ace doesn't have. Also, the weld on ones do not come loose from recoil, unless whoever welded it doen't know what they're doing.

I think that the welded on back plate boxes the rear of the receiver solid, which probably adds to it's structural integrity some, but that's just an opinion based on years in machining/fabrication.

You're committed with either one, as the tang has to be cut off either way.

Which is the better way to go and makes it the best conversion possible...
"Best" and "better than" are both highly subjective.

It all boils down to what YOU want.

You don't hear too many complaints about the Ace block's functionality.

I personally haven't seen the "line up the sights" issue with it.

I wasn't sure if the block would give the frame more structural integrity then the welded on plate. Since there has to be cutting and welding done on the rec. anyway I will just get the plate and have it welded on...

I will need to get this receiver welded up and refinished, so who does excellent work on these firearms?

Oh yeah, thanks guys ^_^