Just got everything I needed to put together my AR57.

Unfortunately our range day got blown out by 35+ MPH winds today, so I didn't get a change to truly zero it in. But thanks to a Homer Simpson toy at the end of a 15 yard hallway and a couple of looks between the barrel and the optics, I got it close enough for government work. :D

IMGP0936.JPG

IMGP0939.JPG

IMGP0944.JPG

IMGP0941.JPG

Complete Album

I was looking at one a while ago but don't want to add another caliber to the collection.

Sucks about the high winds today you must be in Atlanta

I had the same thought about adding another caliber but went ahead and bought it anyway. Love to shoot it. Thinking about buying the short barrell to put on an AR pistol lower I have.

FYI, 57center is supposed to release a bolt this month that will work with either a full auto or semi lower.

I was looking at one a while ago but don't want to add another caliber to the collection.

Sucks about the high winds today you must be in Atlanta

Naaa... Maui, Hawaii.

I had the same thought about adding another caliber but went ahead and bought it anyway. Love to shoot it. Thinking about buying the short barrell to put on an AR pistol lower I have.

FYI, 57center is supposed to release a bolt this month that will work with either a full auto or semi lower.

Yah... I can't wait to shoot it, worst part is that once I can actually take it to the range, I'll have to restrain myself from shooting more then a mag or two. I need to wait till I can get cheaper ammo in bulk.

I bought two cases of SS192, but I wanna keep that stored away.

I wish I had common sense and stuck with a caliber or two... but instead I have 5 now and only more to come :D

"cheaper ammo in bulk" in that caliber, it ain't gonna happen. Save your shells and reload. I was buying it for $18.45 a box, now up to $19.65. Nice thing about the 5.7 is if you have that gun and the pistol also, you can tote a crap load more than .223, x39, or .308 and do almost as much damage. That bullet is really clicking when it comes out that longer barrel. Stay away from the ss195LF, I've heard they don't have such along shelf life, may or may not be true, so save your cases and reload to your specs as needed.

• 3 weeks later...

That is a beautiful weapon! I'm very, very jealous. I'm starting the transfer process on an AR-15 SBR lower on Friday, planning to do a 10" AR Five Seven upper, everything I've heard about them is great. I'm planning a brass catcher, just a 20-round AR mag with a leather bag glued to the bottom to muffle the sound of the falling shells. My goal is a quiet, accurate plinker and YHM has told me that my Stainless Mite .22 suppressor can handle 5.7x28. So, a few questions arise that a little bit of research elsewhere haven't been able to answer definitively

-Does the barrel on that upper come threaded, and if so, what is the thread pitch?

-What model of Eotech do you have mounted?

-Does it work with the AR LRBHO and bolt release?

-Is the buffer tube necessary?

Once again, AWESOME rifle!

• 2 weeks later...

Cut the top off a crappy AR magazine and attach a bag onto the bottom of the ar magazine and you will be saving all your empty cases.

Darn a few others already had that idea.

Edited by csspecs