The man that has done magical work on several AK's is gunsmith Andre' Varin. He was the lead build manager for Global Trades in Houston, but has ventured out on his own. I would try and track him down. Sorry I don't have current phone number.

Yakdung

In my opinion, paying a 'smith to do a basic conversion is a waste of money.

You can do the work yourself in an afternoon (a whole afternoon if you're not mechanically inclined - must less time if you are).

If you guys look around the forum, there are hundreds of testimonials to this.

Here is the problem

I am not mechanicaly inclined..So if some here is willing to help that is local in houston to guide us through the steps on how to install this trigger group..It would be much appreciated..For those of you who also need help that are local ..i wouldnt mind all of us getting together to figure this out..

I'm not afraid of doing fairly simple "drop in" work on a gun (changing stocks, adding new firing pin, springs, etc.). But when I haven't done certain work on a gun, especially if I have never owned or even disassembled one of those guns, I would like someone who knows what he is doing to at least hold my hand during the process.

Call me crazy, but when I pull the trigger, I want to know what is going to happen.

I don't see it as a sign of weakness to admit what I DON'T know.

Especially if it's something that could potentially be dangerous if done incorrectly.

Is there anyone in houston that will do it for under $100 and a better turnaround time less than two weeks?? All i need is labor...I have all the parts..Or better if they can guide me through step by step i can possibly do it myself..Im not trying to be cheap but i dont think it should cost more than $100 to do 1hr or so worth of professional work if parts are already provided. Honest replies are much appreciated.

Is there anyone in houston that will do it for under $100 and a better turnaround time less than two weeks?? All i need is labor...I have all the parts..Or better if they can guide me through step by step i can possibly do it myself..Im not trying to be cheap but i dont think it should cost more than $100 to do 1hr or so worth of professional work if parts are already provided. Honest replies are much appreciated.

PM Sent

BTW, as a result of this thread, I stopped by Tac47Industries shop in Houston to check out a few things. While we didn't do a deal, they had some awesome looking guns there that they had worked up.

Not a paid advertisement, just a comment from an impressed observer.