Looking for AR adapter feedback

I have 3 AR stock adapters from various manufacturers (Crapco,Mako,Ace) and the one that comes closest to the mark of actually making an AK feel like an M16 is the Mako unit but it is so cheaply made it scarcely belongs on a Kalashnikov and the only alternative is the $389 Mako telescopic folder with forged Galil type hinge and I have yet to desire one enough to spend that kind of money.

M4VZ_full.jpg

I believe the tang passes though the hinge mechanism(beside the hinge axis) without the tang being cut,the stock is an inline design that reduces muzzle rise by decreasing the recoil impingement moment angle.

if you made something like that and it didn't cost $400 I would buy them

This is somewhat what the ISAF will look like, but fold to the left.

Not to hijack this thread but I have a question that goes to some of the discussion relative to the aluminum mags. I was curious if anyone with the adapter installed, and using aluminum mags, also has a bullet guide installed. If so does it have any effect? Was thinking of adding one, for use of both style mags since I have a few bulgarian and galil mags which lock in (with some wobble now due to opening up for the adapter, not a complaint just an observation). I know I read the bullet guide should not be an issue but this statement was probably based on evaluation with P-Mags (Nathan?). Just curious if it helps with the aluminum mags or doesn't make a difference.

Thanks.

I see no reason for it not to work......... I want to say I remember a feedback session with someone who still has a feed ramp installed. I just can not recall the name of the individual at this time.

I have 3 AR stock adapters from various manufacturers (Crapco,Mako,Ace) and the one that comes closest to the mark of actually making an AK feel like an M16 is the Mako unit but it is so cheaply made it scarcely belongs on a Kalashnikov and the only alternative is the $389 Mako telescopic folder with forged Galil type hinge and I have yet to desire one enough to spend that kind of money.

M4VZ_full.jpg

I believe the tang passes though the hinge mechanism(beside the hinge axis) without the tang being cut,the stock is an inline design that reduces muzzle rise by decreasing the recoil impingement moment angle.

Seriously?

That is HOT!

A straight,inline,left folding,compact hinge with a channel so you don't have to cut the tang and I can put a Magpul CTR on it?

You are the MAN!

What's this naughty monkey of a stock adapter going to cost sir?

Edited by SOPMOD

M4VZ_full.jpg

Seriously?

That is HOT!

A straight,inline,left folding,compact hinge with a channel so you don't have to cut the tang and I can put a Magpul CTR on it?

You are the MAN!

It will be $105.00 for the ISAF. It will not have the 5 position tube you will need to add that and the pig nose to attach the tube. Of course I could run a few with the pig nose already attached.... but that would be in a few weeks as I need to get the ISAF out as it is already designed.

M4VZ_full.jpg

Seriously?

That is HOT!

You are the MAN!

It will be $105.00 for the ISAF. It will not have the 5 position tube you will need to add that and the pig nose to attach the tube. Of course I could run a few with the pig nose already attached.... but that would be in a few weeks as I need to get the ISAF out as it is already designed.

Is the center line of the buffer tube going to be in line with the barrel(or even slightly higher)?how does the stock clear the tang?Does the pignose have a hole in it for the tang like the cheapo Mako stock adapters or would I need to cut that myself if I wanted to move the stock up that high?

I am very happy with my new AR adpt. 200 rnds+ one ammo related failure. (wolf). I have been converting Bushmaster

5 rnd mags to 8 rnds. Works very well so far. I belive my unconverted gun is legal with this setup. I have run 30 rnd mil-spc mags and they work fine . If you cycle the bolt by hand too slow, it will dump the front of the round too low to feed.

I have seen this repeatedy when hand cycling. You try to watch the round feed and it falls off line and jams.

Rack er back an let er go. It's an AK. Brutal action. works every time. :smoke:

If you build it, I will buy it.

Edited by zaxon