Stock - do you need one?

I'm asking because I put a pistol grip on my Mossberg 590 and it doesn't have a stock. Does the Saiga-12 require one? Could you just mount a receiver block and put screws in the holes and add a stock later if you wanted to? It doesn't classify it as a pistol does it, because I don't think it does with the Mossy.

I'm asking because I put a pistol grip on my Mossberg 590 and it doesn't have a stock. Does the Saiga-12 require one? Could you just mount a receiver block and put screws in the holes and add a stock later if you wanted to? It doesn't classify it as a pistol does it, because I don't think it does with the Mossy.

It all depends if it is over the overall minimum length requirement.

Nope, you don't have to have a stock. As long as your shotgun's barrel is at least 18" long and the overall length of the gun is 26" long, you're GTG.

Personally, though, I think shotguns without some sort of stock, a folder at least, are pretty useless.

Well the Mossberg does tend to hurt like hell after only a couple of rounds of 00 Buck with a pistol grip. Feels like a mule kicked you HARD! I do plan on a folding stock for the Saiga, but wasn't sure what the deal was after seeing the SBS threads. Thanks!