Came home from the range the other day and while cleaning my S20 I decided to use some 91% alcohol as a final wipe in the gass tube. Poured some on a patch and spilled some on my hand, grabed the barrel and instantly felt the paint melting in my hand. Sure enough, black paint on my fingers and across the palm of my hand :angry: I sure wouldn't have thunk that would happen.

Be careful.

Came home from the range the other day and while cleaning my S20 I decided to use some 91% alcohol as a final wipe in the gass tube. Poured some on a patch and spilled some on my hand, grabed the barrel and instantly felt the paint melting in my hand. Sure enough, black paint on my fingers and across the palm of my hand :angry: I sure wouldn't have thunk that would happen.

Be careful.

You got some purple Saiga fingers?

That is one of the reasons these rifles are so inexpensive.they are spraypainted by 13yr old Russian kids,LOL

One day I will strip all of that worthless Saiga paint and send them all off to be bead blasted and parkerized followed by a healthy dose of Gunkote(which is impervious to alcohol) and then bake it on in our old oven when my wife forces me to buy her a new one.

in the mean time the easily dissolved Russian spraypaint finish is really easy to touch up nicks and scratches.