Got my Krebs sights now, but...

Getting of subject. :rolleyes: Will get vault out before long and take photos. Yet, my favorite .308 now is what I call a quick reaction Red Jacket saiga Will did up for me. :smoke: It's now my carry rifle when on sheriff's patrol.

That sounds cool, but yeah we're WAAAY off topic now. Get a camera, take some pics.

Getting of subject. :rolleyes: Will get vault out before long and take photos. Yet, my favorite .308 now is what I call a quick reaction Red Jacket saiga Will did up for me. :smoke: It's now my carry rifle when on sheriff's patrol.

That sounds cool, but yeah we're WAAAY off topic now. Get a camera, take some pics.

I'd say we've been off topic since the third post, which is when I found a solution to get my rear sight to stay on. Aww, who gives a shit. I wanna see these rifles.

Before I EAS'd I gave all my mags to my buddy who collects them. He's got 40 or some ridiculous number like that. You should see the flaks they got the boys wearing now... ever heard of side SAPI's? :ded: :ded: :ded: I've still got a flak, I stole it from a hajji translator in Iraq. Shhhh...

Oh that sucks... they added more to those damn things?

Yup. One in the front, one in the back, one on each side. It's really fun to wear in 130 degree weather.

FWIW, and to stray further off topic...I just weighed my IOTV (Improved Outer Tactical Vest-what the Army calls the latest generation body armor, with the side plate holders designed in and the quick release for if you fall in the water. Marines may have something slightly different.) It came in at 38 lbs with all plates, 12 empty mags, and aid pouch. No canteen, camelback, or bullets. Oh, that's for a size Medium-Long (yeah, they size them like uniform tops now, which I appreciate.)

The new vest does wear a lot 'lighter' than the old IBA, but I still imagine it'd suck hard patrolling in 130 degree weather. Or at 8000' above sea level in the Hindu Kush.

I'm a staff puke (Division/CJTF Future Plans shop, 82nd Imperial), so I'm well past that part of my career. But note to anyone developing gear for grunts: instead of adding new capability, make things that perform the same as what is already fielded, just lighter, less bulky, and/or uses less batteries.