Went to the range today, and my jaw hit the floor when I walked into the gun shop. For the first time in months there was no wait for the range, the facility was actually open. For the last few months it's been crowds outside waiting for it to open, and at least 1 hour wait to get into the range. Not only that, but they had 9mm for $9.99 50/rds!!!! And a few scary rifles in stock too! I couldn't believe it. .223 was still expensive...$99/200rds. But maybe the end is in sight for the gun-buying craze. How have your local ranges been?

Went to the range today, and my jaw hit the floor when I walked into the gun shop. For the first time in months there was no wait for the range, the facility was actually open. For the last few months it's been crowds outside waiting for it to open, and at least 1 hour wait to get into the range. Not only that, but they had 9mm for $9.99 50/rds!!!! And a few scary rifles in stock too! I couldn't believe it. .223 was still expensive...$99/200rds. But maybe the end is in sight for the gun-buying craze. How have your local ranges been?

My screwed up work hours have been preventing me from making my weekly range trips, i wish i could say. Last time i was there(week or 2 ago) they were still out of the .223 100 round family packs , but shotgun ammo was plentiful, though the only 15 pack of 00 i could find were in 3"(i still bought 'em[whenever i get my promags to feed properly i'm going to torture test one of them]).

But i can say this, i ordered 1000 rounds of 7.62x39 from cabelas and had to wait a while for it becaws they were on back order. Maybe everyone else is finaly getting caught up on thier supplies and thats why your starting to see it more in stock?

My screwed up work hours have been preventing me from making my weekly range trips, i wish i could say. Last time i was there(week or 2 ago) they were still out of the .223 100 round family packs , but shotgun ammo was plentiful, though the only 15 pack of 00 i could find were in 3"(i still bought 'em[whenever i get my promags to feed properly i'm going to torture test one of them]).

But i can say this, i ordered 1000 rounds of 7.62x39 from cabelas and had to wait a while for it becaws they were on back order. Maybe everyone else is finaly getting caught up on thier supplies and thats why your starting to see it more in stock?

Yeah, that could be it too. Maybe people have enough and are slowing down on buying.

My jaw almost hit the floor when I saw not only two AR-15's in stock, but also 2 AR lowers, an SKS and a Saiga .223. I remember going there back in January and watching them sell 2 AR-15 clones in a matter of 10 minutes.

I too had a range day today :smoke:

No waiting, no one else but myself on the shotgun range, 4-6 people on the 40 slot 100yrd rifle pistol/range and never more than 2-3 peeps on the 400yrd rifle range.

Most times this particular range is 50% or better full on a Saturday, but today was windy, and that kept most of the target taggers at home.

They always have a selection of more moderate sporting rifles/shotguns, nothing black & evil, and they have managed to keep a decent stock of ammo, tho the most popular can get a little pricey at times.

I shot the hell outta my S12 today :devil: ... And my new S&W M&P 15X :devil: ... And my SA XD9 :devil: ... And my Marlin 22LR rifle :devil: ... I did leave a few things at home :rolleyes: