what are my handguard options?

I live in N.Y and cannot have a pistol grip on my S12. In order to use U.S Made 10-rd.mags on my S12 I need to change some parts to be compliant. I am looking @ getting a KA tappet and a US made handguard. What is my cheapest option?

The SGM is black only, it is a decent HG. If you want it tan, you'd have to hit it with duracoat or some kind of plastic bonding spray paint.

If you want a quad-rail, most people recommend the CHAOS one, listed here: http://www.chaosus.com/products.html

It is a bit expensive, but it is extremely high-quality and US made, so it will count towards 922r.

I use a modified Galil HG with the Ultimak top rail. If you buy the ultimak, be sure you get the correct one, there are two versions.

The SGM is black only, it is a decent HG. If you want it tan, you'd have to hit it with duracoat or some kind of plastic bonding spray paint.

If you want a quad-rail, most people recommend the CHAOS one, listed here: http://www.chaosus.com/products.html

It is a bit expensive, but it is extremely high-quality and US made, so it will count towards 922r.

I use a modified Galil HG with the Ultimak top rail. If you buy the ultimak, be sure you get the correct one, there are two versions.

What is the diff between the two Ultimak versions? I have the RAAC 2008 S12 with the pressed on bead sight......

What is the diff between the two Ultimak versions? I have the RAAC 2008 S12 with the pressed on bead sight......

do the covers come in tan?

I live in N.Y and cannot have a pistol grip on my S12. In order to use U.S Made 10-rd.mags on my S12 I need to change some parts to be compliant. I am looking @ getting a KA tappet and a US made handguard. What is my cheapest option?

Do you know that in order to use a 10 rd mag you only need one more U.S. part to be compliant? If you are not converting, no worries. Switch one part out. If you are using a hi-cap mag, you are compliant. If you throw the factory mag in, no issue, because you now have a sporting weapon. It's a stupid law, take advantage of it!

One version is for the bead sight, the other is for the ribbed sight.

My older 2001 S12 had a crappy plastic rib, which unscrewed from the front of the gas tube; the newer rifles all have the bead (I think).

Thanks for the advice. I went w/ the SGM tactical tri-rail from Carolina shooters supply. Greg has it on sale for $60.00.

One version is for the bead sight, the other is for the ribbed sight.

My older 2001 S12 had a crappy plastic rib, which unscrewed from the front of the gas tube; the newer rifles all have the bead (I think).