Ace folder installation

CSS has 2 ISA that you can install faster then the ace and they will use the holes for mounting screws with no tapping. Pick the one you like and buy it. They both will work with ace folders and stocks.

Has anyone done the ACE folder install using just the one bolt on top, then using the nylon plugs instead of the 4 bolt drill and tap? How is it holding up?

Has anyone done the ACE folder install using just the one bolt on top, then using the nylon plugs instead of the 4 bolt drill and tap? How is it holding up?

That is how I did mine, but I am also using the grip nut to hold it in.

As mentioned, if you are only using the 'top bolt', you are installing it halfway.

It is designed to be held on by the 'top bolt' and the pistol grip bolt.

None have failed that I've ever heard about.

The 'drill and tap 4 bolts' was essayed by some anal "has to be ROCK SOLID I'M TIM THE TOOLMAN TAYLOR AAAUUUUUGGGHHH" person, and is totally unnecessary.

CSS has 2 ISA that you can install faster then the ace and they will use the holes for mounting screws with no tapping. Pick the one you like and buy it. They both will work with ace folders and stocks.

Thanks, I'll check it out. I love this site, you people are the best!!

That is how I did mine, but I am also using the grip nut to hold it in.

As mentioned, if you are only using the 'top bolt', you are installing it halfway.

It is designed to be held on by the 'top bolt' and the pistol grip bolt.

None have failed that I've ever heard about.

Thanks!!

The 'drill and tap 4 bolts' was essayed by some anal "has to be ROCK SOLID I'M TIM THE TOOLMAN TAYLOR AAAUUUUUGGGHHH" person, and is totally unnecessary.

As long as the holes are there, ya might as well fill 'em up with some threads. Just MHO.

It's just as easy to take it down to your local welding shop and have 'em tig up the holes. You can't stick a screw in the old trigger hole, anyway.

As long as the holes are there, ya might as well fill 'em up with some threads. Just MHO.

It's just as easy to take it down to your local welding shop and have 'em tig up the holes. You can't stick a screw in the old trigger hole, anyway.

Now we're talking, stupid me, didn't even cross my mind. I'm on it!! Thanks!