Ok so its not the end of the world, but I ordered some parts from Mississipi auto arms. Long story short, my tromix galil handguard doesn't fit (and I didn't do the best job trying to make it fit) and my agp 10 rounder doesnt lock into the gun. I understand sometimes some minor alterations are needed and I sent email to tromix about the handguard. However, Im not sure whats up with the magazine. What do you guys think?

Edited by pfmedic

how were you trying to put the handguard on? I made the piss-poor mistake of trying to force my SGm over the barrel and part of the gas block by hand and cut a few of my fingers up doing it. taking it off befor i chopped it up i found out if you slide it on and off the end of the barrel your golden...

as far as the mag theres a few areas that may need to be fitted. none of my AGPs needed any, but thats my gun. my promags required a descent amount as well as the taiwan 5 round mags. my surefire needed nothing just like the AGPs. are they tight and thats why they don't fit or are they not locking in place?

Edited by Nailbomb
how were you trying to put the handguard on?

...are they tight and thats why they don't fit or are they not locking in place?

The handguard bracket is where the trouble lies. I did crack a little composite off the unit when I attempted to put it on the opposite way... becuase its simply wont go on the other way. The good news is that its on the inside so you cant see and it doesnt effect the fit. The bracket however does. I shaved it down and it fits but looks sloppy. I ordered another and i will send it to a smith.

Anyway The agp magazine wont lock in place.

how were you trying to put the handguard on?

...are they tight and thats why they don't fit or are they not locking in place?

The handguard bracket is where the trouble lies. I did crack a little composite off the unit when I attempted to put it on the opposite way... becuase its simply wont go on the other way. The good news is that its on the inside so you cant see and it doesnt effect the fit. The bracket however does. I shaved it down and it fits but looks sloppy. I ordered another and i will send it to a smith.

Anyway The agp magazine wont lock in place.

Is the mag going in, but simply not locking in?

Many have been posting about the top ribs of surefire and AGP mags touching the bottom of the receiver on the latest run of 3 port guns. I think it's actually the distance from the bottom of the receiver to the top of the mag release that's different from last years guns. The recommendation is the file the bottom of the tab on the back of the mag slightly and keep trying to fit it.

I noticed this on my recently purchased 3 port gun. The mag opening was tight in several places. About 1 hour with a small file and now I can rock in & remove mags without issue (although I haven't range tested with anything but the factory mag that came with it).

Nothing ever seems to be a "dropin" on Saigas. It all needs to be custom fitted one way or another. That's why we love 'em so much. Welcome to the Family, and the soon to follow addiction. :-)

Edited by gothchick