AK Pistols coming soon+conversion services

Just a heads up since so many of you were interested in trading for my AK pistol not to long ago that a friend of mine who is a manufacturing FFL dealer will be posting here soon. He can make custom AK pistols to YOUR specifications as well as custom AK's, 1919's, G3's and other toys you've been drooling over.

Also he can do your conversion work, install bullet guides, military trigger guards, FSB/GB pressings, parkerizing and refinishing. If you're not sure you can do it to your rifle, he can!

We did these on his tools in about 4 hours!

30521rec_4-med.JPG

Oh yeah, and we've been talking about seeing what we can do about this Saiga 12 mag shortage, too.

Just to be clear, please... as a manufacturing FFL, if he makes me a CUSTOM AK... It will have to have a serial number, and ship thru my FFL to receive it..

That to me is the obvious part...

My question is a little more vain... when it comes to a serial number on a one of a kind creation... how does he come up with a serial number? or can one be "REQUESTED" so to speak? I mean as long as the gun is registered with whatever number is on it from the manufacturer... its a LEGAL number, is it not?

As a purely hypothetical example... could one request a number like

200500001 or 000012005? or the like??

Or... does he have to keep all guns made in a SEQUENTIAL order for FFL and BATF aspects on HIS end to keep "his books" straight?

How would that work???

If I am going to spend many hundreds of dollars on a custom.. I think it would be VERY cool to be able to (sort of) REQUEST a "personalized" serial number.

:smoke:

Hugegator, Thanks for the introduction.

I am an FFL 07 (manufacturer) located in western Washington state. I have the capability to do custom AKM builds etc. Custom numbering is an option I offer. Also, I can match the serial number to the original number of the weapon. For instance, most of the AKM type kits with matching parts have a specific serial number engraved or stamped into the front trunion, bolt carrier, and other parts. These can be matched in most cases.

I am interested in trading a few people a custom AMD build (pistol/rifle with rivets only, no screws or welds) for their Saiga 12ga. I can also offer most any other type of custom AK builds. If you are interested, or if you are interested in any services, please send me an e-mail.

cwtoyota@yahoo.com

Edited by cwtoyota

Hi cwtoyota,

Can you go a little more in depth of what you do?

like what mod's you do?

What gun's can you make?

how much for 1 of your custom?

how much for a saiga Pistol grop conversion?

what are you willing to trade for a S-12? (I have 1 and might be intrested! Picz would be nice of what you would trade)

Just a few of the many ?'s I have. Try to be spasific pictures would be nice.

Thankz alot,

Lithium

I'll try to answer all of your questions. I'll try to attach some pictures below.

"Can you go a little more in depth of what you do?"

I am a licensed FFL 07. This means I can manufacture all firearms except

those deemed a destructive devices. Basically, I can build any AKM type rifle

from a parts kit on any receiver, or I can manufacture a new receiver. I only

build with proper rivets, no screws or welds. I'm currently getting set up do do

manganese phosphate "parkerizing" finish work.

"like what mod's you do?"

I can convert your Saiga or MAK-90 or SLR, etc to the pistol grip configuration

including correctly installing all required US compliance parts etc.

Other? Just ask.

"What gun's can you make?"

HK MP5/94 G3/91 33/93

AKM varients (AKM, AMD, AK-74, RPK, RPK-74, etc)

Romanian PSL (also known as: Romak-3, "Dragunov", SSG-97)

AR-15 / AR-15 Pistol.

Browning 1919A4 .30caliber, 8mm and .30-06

MG-34

MG-42

And more...

"how much for 1 of your custom?"

That depends on the amount of custom work involved. I will do a basic AKM

parts kit build for $125.

That includes:

-Cleanup of parts (can be media blasted if necessary)

-Fitting to receiver

-Rivets and assembly

-Basic Finish (paint, park, other?)

"how much for a saiga Pistol grop conversion?"

I can convert your saiga to pistol grip configuration for $75 plus parts.

"what are you willing to trade for a S-12? (I have 1 and might be intrested! Picz would be nice of what you would trade)"

I have a few AMD-65 kits waiting to be built. What I had in mind was a custom

Pistol or carbine build on one of these kits. I would also take a Saiga in part

Trade for an AK-74, HK-G3, or HK-33 build.

I am fairly flexible on a trade, however I'm looking for unmodified Saiga 12s.

"Just a few of the many ?'s I have. Try to be spasific pictures would be nice."

Here are a few pics of some of my personal builds (sorry for the grainy pictures).

The first is an AMD-63 kit with an AMD-65 folder stock. It is pictured with a basic AMD-65 pistol build. Both receivers were unfinished in this picture.

post-23-1108458895.jpg

Edited by cwtoyota

hardcorps1775, I can build the MG-34 or MG-42, but they are fairly expensive (read in the thousands) If you are seriously interested, send me an e-mail and I'll tally up the total cost for you.

The good condition parts for the MG-42 are drying up fast, and the MG-34 parts are somewhat scarce too. However, I do have a few sources for some nice parts. The cost really goes up when you buy a mint condition matched numbers war year nazi kit... however there are Yugoslavian 42 kits available.

Besides the cost of parts, these are time consuming builds. All of the semi-auto parts have to be custom made, and/or modified from original parts.

screaming eagle, I made a list of the basic services which should answer your questions:

$125.00 Basic AKM kit build Including/rivets (plus parts cost)

$ 20.00 Mill trunions for 1.6mm Arsenal receiver (with build)

$ 30.00 Receiver formed from a flat W/ heat treating (with build)

$ 15.00 Install optics rail (plus parts)

$ 50.00 Optics rail W/ install (parts included)

$ 75.00 Convert Saiga to pistol grip (plus parts cost)

$350.00 Basic AMD-65 Pistol

Prices look very resonable. Would you be willing to sell a 100% reciever shipped to my FFL? Since you are building from flats and heat treating, finishing and also have the ability to stamp a legal serial number, this would be great. If the price and quality are as good or better than OOW or Vulcan I would be very interested. Thank You!

pistonring8, the $30 price on a receiver (above) is discounted and intended to be part of a build, hence the (with build) notation. If you want a bare receiver shipped to your FFL, I can do this, it will be $50 plus shipping, and I'll need him/her to send a copy of the FFL signed in blue or red ink. Of course that includes some serial number customization, etc.

For a home builder, the OOW is a better product than what I can build with the flats available to me. The flats have all of the trunion rivet holes pre-drilled. It is a bit easier for a home builder to start without the trunion rivet holes as most trunions have subtle differences in hole position. I am working on building my own proprietary receiver flats, which will be 100% correct specs, materials, and looks, but it will be a while before these are ready to go.

A rifle built on either type of receiver is great quality, I just feel that for home builders, the OOW may be a bit easier to build correctly.

Hopefully that answered your questions, feel free to send me an e-mail if you are interested.

cwtoyota@yahoo.com

Lol! The Krink kit goes for around $500 if you can even find one! There are a few guys cutting down the AMD65 to 9" and useing wood handguards. Thats about as close to a Krink as most of us can get. I cant even imagine shooting a 7.62x39 from a 9" barrel, but I'll bet its cool as shit!

Thanks Hugegator, I knew I could count on you! Cant wait until mine is finished.

CW, Thanks for the info. I saw the (with build) notation, thats why I asked the question :rolleyes:

I just saw on an AK build site someone has gone down to 8" on an AK pistol barrel. 8 INCHES!!!!! I think thats gotta be the limit for a functioning AK. I guess you could shave off another 1/2 inch by tossing the front sight, but that would be silly. He says it cycles fine without a muzzle device too. lol ! Thats a 1 1/2" gas piston. Hats off to homebuilders!

Right now the AMD65 and the full length 63 are cheap and easy to find. Something like 6000 were inported as kits. These are really good as rifles or pistols. They are cool because they look a little different and perform well. But like all of the AK kits, once they are all bought up, you will have a tough time finding one. And if you do, it will cost ya' big! I suggest that everyone who likes the 65 or 63 buy one now while they still can at a decent price.

If your not good with fabrication or building, now you know a guy who can do it for you. Not to mention, if the rifle/pistol is numbered, you can sell it later on when they are worth a fortune. I am figuring that if you had CW build you a nice kit, It would already have an appriciated value when you recieved it. Yuppies are paying $400-$800 for AK's at gunshows. And most of them arnt worth a shit. CW is offering to build it correctly with attention to detail for a fraction of the price. A good deal for those of you who want a quality piece and investment at the same time.

Thanks for posting the pictures Hugegator.

A pistol can be made from a krinkov kit. They are more expensive kits but I may still be able to find a few kits here or there. I can actually do a better price on the kits if you want a pistol because I wouldn't mind having the extra butt-stock assembly for myself. If you decide to go this route, let me know and I'll find a kit and we'll figure out a deal where I buy the stock from your kit to save you a few $$$.

Pistonring8, you are right on about the Hungarian AMD rifles. These are a relatively rare AK variant. The kits are cheap now, but in 5 years when they are all dried up, they will be a rare bird and valuable indeed. I have also found them to be one of the most accurate 7.62mm variants on the market and I have several in my personal collection. They have much better quality parts than a typical romanian import. The romanian kits that people are building on are from actual military surplus rifles. The complete romanian rifles that are coming in are made for the civilian market, and the quality is very low. That's why you can find the SAR and WASR romanian rifles so cheap these days.

• Chatbox

Load More
    You don't have permission to chat.