Help please , Info required

Hi

I am helping a guy out with the conversion of some 1960s AKMs from full auto into legal semi auto rifles, can anyone supply photos and info on what parts need to be removed/modified to make the rifles semi auto only?

I am a non U.S citizen so no legal issues here.

Thanks in advance

asassin

Hi

I am helping a guy out with the conversion of some 1960s AKMs from full auto into legal semi auto rifles, can anyone supply photos and info on what parts need to be removed/modified to make the rifles semi auto only?

I am a non U.S citizen so no legal issues here.

Thanks in advance

asassin

Once a machinegun,always and machinegun according to the ATF.You will have to replace the receiver to make those legal partner but otherwise outside the USA delete the 3rd axis pin and corresponding hole(TIG weld the hole closed) and replace the guts,piston,stock and muzzle device with legal semi auto versions and a new receiver and you will have some legit rifles.

You can grind the full auto trip off of the bolt carrier and the protrusion on the bottom of the hammer to prevent full auto capability.

Edited by SOPMOD

We need more information before we can give you options.

Are you wanting to export the parts to the USA?

Are you wanting to 'defang' it so you can own it?

Different answrs depend on what purpose you are going to use it for.

Hi all

These rifles are for the French market, they only need to be modified into semi auto in a way that it is not simpele to replace full auto parts and make them full auto again.

regards

assassin

• 2 weeks later...
Hi all

These rifles are for the French market, they only need to be modified into semi auto in a way that it is not simpele to replace full auto parts and make them full auto again.

regards

assassin

Going from the rear of the receiver there are 3 pins. The first one holds the trigger/sear, the second the hammer, the third the auto sear. Remove anything on the 3rd pin. If you could replace that pin with a rivet and bushing like the center support it would be difficult to convert it back. That may give you the legal requirement for your country (it wouldn't work in the US, unfortunately). You could also trim the tail off of the sear that rides on the same pin as the trigger. I assume you know what I'm referring to since you have 'hands on' experience.