Boy am I glad I own a Saiga

I was at a local gun shop the yesterday and I saw a rack that had a few SKS's, a Hesse H91(that he tried to pass off as an HK made product) and a WASR-10. Just out of curiosity, I picked up the Romanian made WASR to check it out. HOLY CRAP! This thing was rough! And it was brand new too! The finish wasn nice and smooth like the Siaga, some of the metal was rough on the edges and not smoothed out and overall it was poor quality. Comparing this THING to the Saiga was like comparing a Chevette and a Corvette. Man what a difference! I am glad I bought the Saiga from him while I had the chance. Who know I might have ended up with this thing one day...

Eric

emr: as ive stated before numerous times, my SAR1 was made by a blind man out of old beer cans in an unlit basement without power.

did you check out the stamp marks on it? :)

romanian AK's are eastern european military ak47's that are rebuilt for the US market, btw. they technically arent new. take a look at the hammer for instance on the new ones. its a used part.

Yup, my sar1 came with marks all over the receiver, look like shit

and the inside was worst, took some sand blasting and it looks

ok for a Rumanian rifle after that.

The furniture was the cheapest I have seen on a gun change it for synthetic,

change FCG too.

Like it any way, is my poor ugly duckling but it works and do what

it supposed to do.

Edited by vjor

um.... yeah.

Somebody had to comment, right lollygagger? :lolol:

As far as the finish on Romanian AKs, I've seen some that actually looked pretty nice. They were definately the exception to the rule though. My SAR 2 has a good finish everywhere except the metal on the outside. I'm not kidding. The receiver cover, the blond wood furniture, and the internals are imaculate. The receiver and barrel on the other hand look like they got a halfassed parkerization and was then used as a makeshift hammer, wrench, whatever... Still love it though. Great gun.