Trigger won't reset- Hammer Spring Keeps moving

Went to fire my Saiga for the first time after the conversion. Fires fine, but after a few shots the hammer spring is walking over the trigger and catching it so it won't reset. I have to push the trigger forward to reset it to fire again. It catches the hammer, but is getting held back enough to not let go of it, kinda like if the safety was on.

I can't for the life of me figure out why my hammer spring is walking over. Can it be just a flaw in the spring or what? It looks kinda different from side to side, but in pictures I've looked at it looks the same. Is there something I'm missing that holds the hammer spring "arms" to the outside?

I will look at my local store monday to see if they have any hammer springs, but this is really bugging me, as I don't like thinking I screwed up the conversion somehow.

Is the hammer spring between the Saiga trigger setup and the standard AK setup the same? I used the Saiga one, I had been thinking they were the same, but this has got me thinking...

Edited by Sharker524

Mine started doing this right after i converted it. I'm pretty sure it was my fault, as i think i must have tweaked the spring while assembling and disassembling it. You should just be able to tweak the spring leg towards the outside of the receiver. That solved the problem for me (though i opted to replace the hammer spring, and now have the original as a spare...) Good luck.

Went to fire my Saiga for the first time after the conversion. Fires fine, but after a few shots the hammer spring is walking over the trigger and catching it so it won't reset. I have to push the trigger forward to reset it to fire again. It catches the hammer, but is getting held back enough to not let go of it, kinda like if the safety was on.

I can't for the life of me figure out why my hammer spring is walking over. Can it be just a flaw in the spring or what? It looks kinda different from side to side, but in pictures I've looked at it looks the same. Is there something I'm missing that holds the hammer spring "arms" to the outside?

I will look at my local store monday to see if they have any hammer springs, but this is really bugging me, as I don't like thinking I screwed up the conversion somehow.

Is the hammer spring between the Saiga trigger setup and the standard AK setup the same? I used the Saiga one, I had been thinking they were the same, but this has got me thinking...

Probably not your fault. Is the bolt-hold-open spring pushing against the BHO itself forcing the hammer spring to move every time its fired? If this is the case, just ditch your BHO, reassemble and test.

If thats not it please post some pictures so we can help.

Probably not your fault. Is the bolt-hold-open spring pushing against the BHO itself forcing the hammer spring to move every time its fired? If this is the case, just ditch your BHO, reassemble and test.

I removed the BHO and it still does it. I have attached a picture. I figure the hammer spring is just kinked or something from twisting and turning it during my first assembly. You can see the picture attached. It does not pull to the inside, but it doesn't have any tension to the outside, either, so it creeps in after a few rounds worth of recoil.

post-14264-1242520401_thumb.jpg

I had the same problem with my .223 after conversion. I bent the leg out slightly without an incident since

Yeah, Id have to agree. from your picture it looks like the spring is unobstructed, so that means you can bend it a bit and all should work fine. However, the coil on the right side looks crooked. Is there anything obstructing the coil, can't quite tell from the pics.

What trigger did you put in there becuase looking at it the Tab for the safty leaver is either ground off or not there from what the picture looks like See in this one hopefully if it shows up

post-17989-1242529206_thumb.jpg

Just looked in a few of my ouhter saiga,s and ak,s sar,s a few of them with after market triggers dont have the tab on the back of the trigger like the stock one does and a few of them as i recall I had to change the bend in the spring to keep it from moving

I removed the BHO and it still does it. I have attached a picture. I figure the hammer spring is just kinked or something from twisting and turning it during my first assembly. You can see the picture attached. It does not pull to the inside, but it doesn't have any tension to the outside, either, so it creeps in after a few rounds worth of recoil.

Here's a vid (2.15) on bending the spring so it does'nt creep back to the center. I just put one of these spring in tonight and it took about 15 min and it works great... but the spring has to be bent out just a little.

Edited by Demian

Here's a vid (2.15) on bending the spring so it does'nt creep back to the center. I just put one of these spring in tonight and it took about 15 min and it works great... but the spring has to be bent out just a little.

You need to post this as a sticky at the top of every forum. The video is well done! :smoke:

• 2 weeks later...

I think this is the same problem I am having. I converted my 223 and first trip the the range I can only get one shot off at a time and after every shot it feels like its on safe. I found when I pull charge the charging handle a little it will fire the next round.