Need a "dremmel" to convert. Grizzley's $26.95

Have you been waiting to buy a Dremmel, but cost too high.

Grizzley's has "their cordless dremmel" for $26.95

Here is their pitch,

"Combine the usefulness of a Mini Grinder with the convenience of no cords and you've got the ultimate in versatility. Everything you need in a handy carrying case including a variable speed 5,000-25,000 RPM, 9.6 volt Mini Grinder, charger, interchangeable flashlight base, and huge assortment of buffs, sanding discs and drums, grinding stones, mandrels, drill bits, wrench and spare collet. Collet size is 1/8".

To connect to site,

http://www.grizzly.com/products/item.aspx?..._campaign=H6156

I have had reasonably good luck with Grizzley products if you just stay away from iron or pot metal tools.

louielouie

Here is their pitch,

"Combine the usefulness of a Mini Grinder with the convenience of no cords and you've got the ultimate in versatility. Everything you need in a handy carrying case including a variable speed 5,000-25,000 RPM, 9.6 volt Mini Grinder, charger, interchangeable flashlight base, and huge assortment of buffs, sanding discs and drums, grinding stones, mandrels, drill bits, wrench and spare collet. Collet size is 1/8".

To connect to site,

I have had reasonably good luck with Grizzley products if you just stay away from iron or pot metal tools.

louielouie

When I first started doing conversions, I went down to Wally World and picked up a B/D corded for around $25 and it works well! I would definitely go with a corded one... a WHOLE lot more power and torque and you don't have to worry about running the battery down. I already had a cordless one and that was the problem with trying to use it...battery would get weak and it made using it really rough.

Here is their pitch,

To connect to site,

I have had reasonably good luck with Grizzly products if you just stay away from iron or pot metal tools.

louielouie

When I first started doing conversions, I went down to Wally World and picked up a B/D corded for around $25 and it works well! I would definitely go with a corded one... a WHOLE lot more power and torque and you don't have to worry about running the battery down. I already had a cordless one and that was the problem with trying to use it...battery would get weak and it made using it really rough.

Good point. I was thinking of the versatility of no cord. I have a corded model myself.

Thanks for info.

Louielouie

p.s. I checked and Grizzly's has a corded model for $26.95.

Edited by louielouie

Here is their pitch,

To connect to site,

louielouie

Good point. I was thinking of the versatility of no cord. I have a corded model myself.

You are right about the versatility.... way too many uses for a cordless not to have one, but for doing conversions, you need the power and stamina of a corded. If people shop around, they can have both for less than the name brand Dremel. Thanks for the heads up on the Grizzly cordless...people need a good cordless for other chores.

Thanks for info.

Louielouie

Have a cordless Dremmel that was given to me as a gift. Its nice but its not for a whole lot or heavy use. I picked up a Black and Decker for $30 and its in a whole different class.

Go with the cord

I went through a battery on a cordless Dremel in under a year, though that was a a few back. I currently use a variable speed with flexible shaft, they cost more than the regular single speed, but you really get what you pay for with the types of work you can do. The flexible shaft is exceptionally nice, when you're working in a tight area or want to make precision cuts.

Something like this:

http://www.dremel.com/en-us/Tools/Pages/To...id=3956-02#kits

If you use a lot of cut-off wheels, you've got to check out the new EZ Lock ones, you don't need to mess around with the tiny screw and driver any more.

http://www.dremel.com/en-us/Tools/Pages/To....aspx?pid=EZ406

I had purchased the same cordless Dremel for my conversion this weekend. It runs out of juice way too fast. I had to go down to wallyworld and get the 100 corded version to finish off the conversion. GL on the sale though.

Bought a couple of cordless screwdrivers from Harbor Freight and they were junk. Threw them out and bought a Black & Decker 6V Lithium and it was like night and day. Corded tools always last longer than cordless .......

Edited by Lakedweller