Operating Rod Loose

After I ran approx. 190 rds. through my S-12, i took it home and cleaned it. I noticed the operating rod was a little wobbly. It is pinned on the bolt carrier just fine. The only reason I'm wondering if there is a problem is that all the times I took it apart and put it back together and hand cycled it before I shot it I never noticed this. That's why it struck me as odd while I was cleaning the gun. It mmay have been a little wobbly before, but I can't recall. It's slight, but there. I searched both bolt carrier and operating rod and didn't come up with anything pertaining to this.

I have about 1/4" of wiggle to mine, Im not real worried about it. My gas tube is starting to get dented and malformed from it, but when I wear the gun out, if ever, Ill just get another one...

gun is an '01 with almost 10,000 rounds down it. I dont fire low brass anymore, when I can go shooting (rarely now that I moved)

I marked the up side on mine and spun it out with the help of vise grips, counting how many turns. Then I covered the threads in lock-tite and spun it back in to the same point.

I'm up another 2000 rounds and no wiggling at all.

Some are staked (two points are mashed together), mine was really loose so it came apart no problem. YMMV