Gunsmith for FSB in Houston

I got my replacement FSB on. (the one with 24mm adapter + Bayo lug). However, I will need it aligned, drilled, and pinned. Does anyone know a smith in the Houston area (preferrably NorthWest) that is good with working on ak's or military style rilfles. Could this be something I can take to a standard gunsmith that mainly works hunting rifles.

There are a few AK smiths in the Houston area. Andre Varrin of AR texas, Elk River tool and die, tac47industries,there is 1 more down in Brazoria also and I almost forgot Ron .The person closest to you will be Andre, he is near I-10 and gessner.

Most of the others are on the Southside near Hobby airport .

You could always ask Nalioth for assistance . He helped me when I was needing some help.

There are a few AK smiths in the Houston area. Andre Varrin of AR texas, Elk River tool and die, tac47industries,there is 1 more down in Brazoria also and I almost forgot Ron .The person closest to you will be Andre, he is near I-10 and gessner.

Most of the others are on the Southside near Hobby airport .

You could always ask Nalioth for assistance . He helped me when I was needing some help.

thanks for the names. i had heard of elk river from some people before, but their site is so old i didnt know if they still did anything. it was last updated in 06. the one you listed as closest to me is over 30 miles south but thats ok, i can drive just fine. houston is just to big lol.

i had heard of elk river from some people before, but their site is so old i didnt know if they still did anything. it was last updated in 06.

Most people are glad to pay 06 prices.

They are very much in business.

Why change a web page for the sake of change, if you haven't changed what you do?

If you want to do it yourself, come see me. I can guide you through the process (it's a little easier than you have explained).

Edited by nalioth

I jsut dropped my Saiga off with Keith at Elk River tool and Die to have the holes welded and parkerized. So far so good. I will get it back on Friday and let you know the final customer service opinion and quality opinion. However, based on others feedback, I think Keith will take of me just fine :)

-Bryan

i had heard of elk river from some people before, but their site is so old i didnt know if they still did anything. it was last updated in 06.

Most people are glad to pay 06 prices.

They are very much in business.

Why change a web page for the sake of change, if you haven't changed what you do?

If you want to do it yourself, come see me. I can guide you through the process (it's a little easier than you have explained).

thanks nalioth, but i will probably just call elk river tomorrow since im off anyways. i presumed it would be easy, but i dont have a vice or drill press. just some hand tools available.