Previously, I did a thread about our best gun deals. The follow up is, of course, what is your worst, or one of your worst, gun related deals? I got to thinking about this when the mail lady brought me a shotgun shell case yesterday. I bought it off of E-bay. It was advertised as very slightly used. It was $15.99 "buy it now", with some amount for shipping, which I cannot recall. Well, I opened the box and inspected my "new" purchase. It is Ok, nothing special, in descent shape. I turned it over and it had a sales sticker on it from Goodwill for $2.99! So, I paid 5 times what the seller had paid for it. Shrewd purchase on my part. lol.

Edited by WarriorJudge

I bought an old Stevens 20ga bolt action shotgun for $40 from a guy walking around at a gun show. Later took it apart to find a crack in the receiver. So now all I have left is a bunch of spare parts to a gun that's so cheap that no one would ever pay for replacement parts. Oh well, at least it was only $40.

Covering both ends of the spectrum WJ? Hahahaha...I like it! :smoke:

I'll have to think some on this one, the other one was easy....

Wow dude, they could have at least had the decency to remove the sticker.

:lolol:

I bought an old Stevens 20ga bolt action shotgun for $40 from a guy walking around at a gun show. Later took it apart to find a crack in the receiver. So now all I have left is a bunch of spare parts to a gun that's so cheap that no one would ever pay for replacement parts. Oh well, at least it was only $40.
was that at a dfw gun show ? and my worst deal was my hk usc ump conversion 1400 for base gun , 400 for hk lower , 175 for hk rails , 100 hk foward pistol grip , 200 for hk stock , 200 for stock block , 400 for trijicon reflex scope , 85 to 100 for hk mags , ect , ect ,ect

Have managed not to get completely ripped off so far, worst deal I ever got was on one of those shitty sporterized 91/30s, if I recall correctly made by century. You know the ones, camo stock with a recoil pad, barrel cut and poorly crowned, with a shitty plastic front sight tower. Paid $150 for it, but that was a few years ago when I was first learning about firearms. Now I know better.

It's so bad I almost can't tell it.

About 5 years ago, I got the VEPR bug. I searched high and low, etc. Finally got one with 5 extra mags, etc. pretty good deal at the time.

Took it to the range and couldn't hit shit with it. Really disappointing (at the time more likely me than the gun, BTW).

Took it to a fun show and traded it for a 1st gen Glock 17 and 150.00

D'Oh! :cryss:

Edited by thereisnospoon