Blasphemy! :unsure:

You should have both! Actually, I thought of building up my DPMS lower , but will KEEP the Saiga!

You shold get $450ish on Gunbroker because of the handguard. Otherwise they are going for $400 NIB here.

I know I should have both but there is no where to shoot the Saiga in Central Florida (orlando). All the ranges don't allow Rifles and the only way to go to a range is to join a club with a $300 minimum membership, which I don't have. I figured I'd keep the m4 for the zombies and if I can get a glock I can at least shoot at the indoor ranges. Any suggestions?

Just my personal opinion (based on hundreds of thousands of rounds from M16/XM177/AR15) the Saiga AK is more reliable and the 123 grn Silver Bear HPs are better Zombie killers! To each their own. M4s are great weapons, but the AK is much more reliable under ALL conditions. I threw a handfull of dirt in mine without the top cover, and fired a whole magazine. I would hate top do that to an M4!

Funny, I thought central florida was known for its undeveloped swamp land - AKA the Everglades. Maybe I should brush up on my geography.

Central Florida is known for its skyscrapers, Nightlife, and high-grade marijuana. No where to shoot a assault rifle. Everglades are south my friend, you def. should brush up on your geography.

Just my personal opinion (based on hundreds of thousands of rounds from M16/XM177/AR15) the Saiga AK is more reliable and the 123 grn Silver Bear HPs are better Zombie killers! To each their own. M4s are great weapons, but the AK is much more reliable under ALL conditions. I threw a handfull of dirt in mine without the top cover, and fired a whole magazine. I would hate top do that to an M4!

I agree with you. I should just grow a pair and convert the fucker. I think you have inspired me rangemaster.

Converting would probably add 2-3x more to the value than what you would pay for the conversion parts :dollar:

And btw, it's not an assault rifle, despite what Pelosi et al would have you believe ;-)

I agree convert then sell if you must.Or move, easier said then done.

Edited by pm-40

I agree with you. I should just grow a pair and convert the fucker. I think you have inspired me rangemaster.

Now that's the spirit! If you can through, try to own both. They both have their uses, and I won't discount either one. I absolutely love my AR for ergonomics, accuracy, and low recoil. I absolutly love my AK for reliability, durability, and a harder-hitting round. I'd say sell something else, keep the AR, and have the best of both worlds :chris:

Converting would probably add 2-3x more to the value than what you would pay for the conversion parts :dollar:

And btw, it's not an assault rifle, despite what Pelosi et al would have you believe ;-)

I agree convert then sell if you must.Or move easier said then done.

I am a college student and have no where to move till I graduate a year from now. So yeah, moving is not a option.

I am a college student and have no where to move till I graduate a year from now. So yeah, moving is not a option.

I'm curious, you don't have a place to shoot the Saiga, but you do have a place to shoot the M4?

I'm curious, you don't have a place to shoot the Saiga, but you do have a place to shoot the M4?

My advice is to get the Glock 26. It shoots as well or better than the 19 and its invisible in an IWB or even a pocket holster with pleated chinos. I've owned several Glocks and the 26 is the pick of the litter. Look, I just bought a saiga, because I wanted an "evil black rifle" and to be prepared for zombie invasions. Fact is, if you ever DO have to shoot somebody 9 times out of ten it will be with a hand gun. Get that first then buy another Saiga when you get the cash. Seriously though, do look at the 26 and get your CCW if you don't have it. Remember, buy a gun you will carry ALL the time as it does you no good in the car.

FQ13

My advice is to get the Glock 26. It shoots as well or better than the 19 and its invisible in an IWB or even a pocket holster with pleated chinos. I've owned several Glocks and the 26 is the pick of the litter. Look, I just bought a saiga, because I wanted an "evil black rifle" and to be prepared for zombie invasions. Fact is, if you ever DO have to shoot somebody 9 times out of ten it will be with a hand gun. Get that first then buy another Saiga when you get the cash. Seriously though, do look at the 26 and get your CCW if you don't have it. Remember, buy a gun you will carry ALL the time as it does you no good in the car.

FQ13

Are you implying that carrying your Saiga around all the time... to the bank... the grocery store... pick up the kids from daycare... is somehow not advised? How many blood thirsty Zombies do you think that 9mm baby Glock can take down anyway? :) j/k

Edited by stix213

+1 to the baby Glock. I've got the 27 (.40 cal), and right now I'm actually paying less for my ammo than my friends with 9 mil's. Of course once the ammo craze dies down that will probably change, but really either gun will serve you well. My 27 is a freakin nail driver, and a 26 would be just as good if not better. And if you don't like the shortness of the grip, an extension costs all of 10 bucks. I CC my Glock all year around.

[Are you implying that carrying your Saiga around all the time... to the bank... the grocery store... pick up the kids from daycare... is somehow not advised? How many blood thirsty Zombies do you think that 9mm baby Glock can take down anyway? :) j/k

11 :smoke:

FQ13

45 Taurus ...... Taurus 1 Zombie 0

:up:

Nice gun, but hard to conceal. For a primary SD weapon there are three criteria (given that its .380 or better).

1 It goes bang every time

2 It will shoot minute of bad guy at 15 yards (because if you shoot someone much over 50' away, you'll be more worried about the quality of your lawyer than the quality of your pistol).

3 Its small and light enough that you always carry it. Here in Fl. thats hard as its always hot. Thank god for Hawian style shirts being semi-fashionable. The baby glock will ride anywhere, the Taurus 1911, while a good gun, not so much.. just my $.02.

FQ13

45 Taurus ...... Taurus 1 Zombie 0

:up:

Nice gun, but hard to conceal. For a primary SD weapon there are three criteria (given that its .380 or better).

1 It goes bang every time

2 It will shoot minute of bad guy at 15 yards (because if you shoot someone much over 50' away, you'll be more worried about the quality of your lawyer than the quality of your pistol).

3 Its small and light enough that you always carry it. Here in Fl. thats hard as its always hot. Thank god for Hawian style shirts being semi-fashionable. The baby glock will ride anywhere, the Taurus 1911, while a good gun, not so much.. just my $.02.

FQ13

I carry my SW380 or my Taurus 38 Ultra-lite......

My Taurus 45 is still smaller than carrying a Saiga 7.62 or 223.......

The M4 was purchased at a ridiculously low price ($400 His rent was due and college students are desperate), therefore I purchased it. I shot it a couple of times and it was in good condition. I was thinking about selling the m4 and the saiga to acquire a arsenal of handguns but this forum keeps telling me not to get rid of the saiga. So I think the new plan is to convert the saiga(When i have$) keep the m4 and hopefully get a good, good audio engineering internship to fund my gun obsession. The apocalypse is coming and I want to be ready. :blues:

[

The M4 was purchased at a ridiculously low price ($400 His rent was due and college students are desperate), therefore I purchased it. I shot it a couple of times and it was in good condition. I was thinking about selling the m4 and the saiga to acquire a arsenal of handguns but this forum keeps telling me not to get rid of the saiga. So I think the new plan is to convert the saiga(When i have$) keep the m4 and hopefully get a good, good audio engineering internship to fund my gun obsession. The apocalypse is coming and I want to be ready. :blues:

Do not sell the M4. It might be heresy on this board, but assumng its a decent maker, the M4 is a better weapon, and they aren't getting any cheaper. The days of the $600 Olympic or Bushmaster H-bar are over. That said, I like the AKs, as the 7.62x39 is enough to knock down a hog (or other 250 pound creature) and the .556 is not. Still, accuracy wise, the AR variants are superior to the AKs. As far as an arsenal of hand guns, why? You just need one. A Glock in 9mm, .40 or .45acp will do. Pick one and learn how to use it. Its all you'll need.

FQ13

What's the mag capacity on the 27?

9+1. If 10 rounds of Federal EFJM (Expanding Full Metal Jacket) won't do the job, then you probably should've just chucked your gun at the dude. When I shot the milkjug with the .40, it literally exploded and was torn into two different pieces. It went all the way through and I recovered it in the wooden backdrop. It measured .81 inches.

FYI, the bullet on the right is a .380 Hydroshock fired from a Bersa Thunder. Nice little gun, nasty little bullet.

post-17693-1244732811_thumb.jpg

Edited by Bizzarolibe

9+1. If 10 rounds of Federal EFJM (Expanding Full Metal Jacket) won't do the job, then you probably should've just chucked your gun at the dude. When I shot the milkjug with the .40, it literally exploded and was torn into two different pieces. It went all the way through and I recovered it in the wooden backdrop. It measured .81 inches.

FYI, the bullet on the right is a .380 Hydroshock fired from a Bersa Thunder. Nice little gun, nasty little bullet.

That is a nasty little bullet. Would not want to be on the receiving side of that. I decided to get the 23 only because I can get a good deal on it and that includes a 15 rd. mag. What are you going to do when you randomly attacked by more then 10 zombies?

That is a nasty little bullet. Would not want to be on the receiving side of that. I decided to get the 23 only because I can get a good deal on it and that includes a 15 rd. mag. What are you going to do when you randomly attacked by more then 10 zombies?

Well, here's my philosophy on pistols, and keep in mind it's just MY philosophy not an objective truth.

For civilian use, I believe that pistols are good for pretty much one thing: conceal carry. If you want a house gun, don't bother with these pea-shooters; buy yourself a Mossberg 500. If you want a SHTF gun, buy an AK or AR. If you want a hunting gun, well, you get the picture.

So I say buy only the largest gun that you would feel comfortable CC'ing. Now sure, you can buy something larger for a good range gun if you have that much cash, or as an open carry gun if you don't care about the critical tactical importance of the element of surprise, but otherwise just buy something you can CC comfortably. Now if you can CC a 23, more power to ya. I'm one of those artsy musician types, so tight clothes is it for me. I barely make it with the 27 as it is. But honestly, if you can't connect with your target in 10 shots, well, you're probably better off using it as a club.

Well, here's my philosophy on pistols, and keep in mind it's just MY philosophy not an objective truth.

For civilian use, I believe that pistols are good for pretty much one thing: conceal carry. If you want a house gun, don't bother with these pea-shooters; buy yourself a Mossberg 500. If you want a SHTF gun, buy an AK or AR. If you want a hunting gun, well, you get the picture.

So I say buy only the largest gun that you would feel comfortable CC'ing. Now sure, you can buy something larger for a good range gun if you have that much cash, or as an open carry gun if you don't care about the critical tactical importance of the element of surprise, but otherwise just buy something you can CC comfortably. Now if you can CC a 23, more power to ya. I'm one of those artsy musician types, so tight clothes is it for me. I barely make it with the 27 as it is. But honestly, if you can't connect with your target in 10 shots, well, you're probably better off using it as a club.

I agree with you 100%. I Have a bigger build and wear lose clothes so the 23 should be easy to conceal. On another note, I was wondering why the sudden change to convert your rifle? You seemed so against converting when you joined the forum, but I noticed the converted saiga in your picture. Reason I ask is I have the same setup with the intrafuse stock and PG and plan I converting when I get some cash.

+1 on the Glock 27, I carry a Springfield 40 subcompact and stay very pleased with it. In the real world, the only weapon you hope you never need will will be a small CC handgun. If your are not a LEO, then you will hopefully be exiting any situation, rather than responding to it, Therefore 10 rounds should do. If you expend more all 10, its already been a really bad day. And then there is that word grand juries use, " excessive". Keep in mind, we are no longer on the gold standard, but rather on the "lead" standard. The longer you can hang on to either of the weapons, the M4, or The Saiga, their value will continue to rise with the passing of new legislation.

And the little Bersa Thunder 380, great weapon, but old tech and heavy.......still prefer it over my Ruger LCP.