Guy I'm looking for a Saiga-12K. I want the folding butt stock, pistol grip, and 19" threaded barrel. Where can I pick one of these up? I would like it to be at OEM not modified.

Across the pond

wait so everyone on this forum doesn't just buy the sporter configuration and convert cause they are too stupid to order the pistol grip from the factory?

/sarcasm

Edited by africamagical
Guy I'm looking for a Saiga-12K. I want the folding butt stock, pistol grip, and 19" threaded barrel. Where can I pick one of these up? I would like it to be at OEM not modified.

Across the pond

wait so everyone on this forum doesn't just buy the sporter configuration and convert cause they are too stupid to order the pistol grip from the factory?

/sarcasm

He may not be in the US. Again Across the pound :haha:

So would guy recommend getting the basic 19" with the threaded barrel for other chokes? How many variants does Izmash offer for North American (Texas)?
Go straight to the importer, http://www.raacfirearms.com/Saiga_12.htm , 19" or 24" length barrels.

PeachStateGuns:

Based on the importer this is what I want. (RAA really wasn't that helpful)

Saiga-12, 19" barrel, threaded barrel

What other options do you guys recommend?

How many ports (2,3,4??) does the saiga come with these days? More the better?

Edited by nxttruck2002
PeachStateGuns:

Based on the importer this is what I want. (RAA really wasn't that helpful)

Saiga-12, 19" barrel, threaded barrel

What other options do you guys recommend?

How many ports (2,3,4??) does the saiga come with these days? More the better?

Sheez! <_< 19" or 24", those are the only real options your going to have in a NIB S12.

Your not going to get any other options without buying one, and then modifying with the desired options

Buy a 19" S12, it's going to have a threaded barrel... Then go from there, either have someone do it for you or DIY.

Most seem to be coming with three (3) ports from what I read around here, four (4) used to be common, and two (2) ports qualifies as a Vodka Special.

More is not necessarily better, most three ports function just as well as most four ports.

Sometimes ports may be partially/completely obstructed by the gas block, not drilled 100% thru or partially obscured by burring.

Vodka Special = A NIB Saiga with any of the all too common flaws, e.g. three ports with two obstructed, often attributed to the factory workers having a liquid lunch.

Edited by ChileRelleno

Now, if you desire options, you're likely going to need to observe 922r compliance as you exchange parts.

1) Do you want to convert, i.e. move the FCG to its original position?

Then you'll need to...

a) Pick a new FCG

b ) Decide whether you want to reuse the original trigger guard or buy a new one.

c) Pick a pistol grip.

2) Choose your buttstock & forearm.

3) Choose and install, either a Chaos or KA, US made gas puck.

4) New sights?

5) Brand of US made magazines?

6) Muzzle attachments, brake, flash hider, choke or just the thread protector?

Those seem to be the most common options and 922r compliance parts.

Edited by ChileRelleno

The S-12K is not importable in the US. They are available in different barrel lengths in different countrys. If your not in the US let us know where you are and someone can advise on where to purchase.

There were a few pre ban ones imported for LE purposes. They turn up on Gun Broker occasionally. A lot of people have converted theirs and sometimes they turn up for sale as well.

If you wish to convert a standard Saiga, you will need a trunnion, stock, and latch. There were two versions of the folding stock, the Russian one has a 5.5 mm hinge pin, and the more common Bulgarian one has a 4.5 mm pin. The Russian is correct but either would work for a clone. Kvar occasionally has US made stocks for the Bulgarian version. The trunnion is the really hard to get part right now. Rusmilitary has had them and may get them again but are out right now. Kvar and several other sources have had the 4.5 mm but are oos at this time. The 4.5mm Bulgarian ones do turn up occasionally on Gunbroker and other sale sites.

The latch is a special part made exclusively for the S-12. They have been extremely hard to get but are in production now in the US.

If you want to gather up the parts keep up with Oleg at Rusmilitary, send tantal an email to get his current list, watch all the part sites & forums and do lots of google searches. Good luck