I know it's here somewhere, I just can't find it.

Am in the middle of my conversion and installing a Tapco single hook G-2, I believe I recall that one trigger leg need to be shorthend for the BHO, but not sure how much and how the spring and BHO lever go.....HELP.

Are there any pictures or video of how the BHO goes back ?

Thanks

Edited by Rockina

Back in about December, I posted a thread on the 223 forum that had link to a web site that talked about installing the BHO spring using dental floss. I did this method on both my saigas and it worked (after I trimmed the BHO side of the hammer pivot.) Try searching there. USE BHO and Dental floss in the search engine on the forum.

Edited by imarangemaster

Am in the middle of my conversion and installing a Tapco single hook G-2, I believe I recall that one trigger leg need to be shorthend for the BHO, but not sure how much and how the spring and BHO lever go.....HELP.

ThanksIf you have e-mail I can send you pics and instructions , I can't get them to post here

Edited by wizard5000

Thanks

I think you mean one side of the hammer, not trigger. Anyways, once you get the pin through the Hammer and BHO you'll see more clearly what needs to be done. Just give it a shot and keep asking questions. It's really quite easy once you try a few times. I forget who gave the tip but it is easier if you bend the tip of the long leg of the BHO spring up slightly so it doesn't grab the bottom of the receiver and then bend the tip of the short end over and inward so that it grabs the slot on the BHO better. Then use the dental floss, fishing line or thin wire pulled through the BHO slot to pull the spring down enough to get the holes lined up in the spring and receiver so your trigger pin will push all the way through.

when i did my conversion, the dental floss method was just not working for me. i found it easier to use one of the extra axis pins that i removed at the start of the conversion. i inserted the pin in through the hole nearest the BHO spring through the BHO spring's loop and partially into the hammer. i then began inserting the proper axis pin in through the opposite side, through the hammer, through the BHO spring pushing the extra pin out. I had to bump the BHO locking lever upwards to help align as i was near the exit.

Edited by GregM1

While I think that installing the original factory BHO is great, something you should definitely look into is the safety lever mod you can do that allows it to act as a BHO. I think it is much more ergonomic than the factory one, especially considering that your trigger on a converted Saiga is right on top of where the BHO lever will be which causes some people to accidentally press it when their finger is on the trigger. *BUT*, that's only my preference, I'm just making sure you're aware of it. Good luck!

Oh, and I just posted a thread w/pics about this recently. It should either be on the first page of the 7.62 section or the second.

Edited by Bizzarolibe

You can also trim the BHO so it doesn't get in the way after conversion. Set the BHO and engage the bolt, scribe a line about flush with the receiver, then cut and smooth it before installing it. When it is not engaged, it sticks enough to push it up to engage the bolt, but doesn't get in the way of the trigger finger.

post-14200-1245166036_thumb.jpg