Saiga 12 service life

I have about +10k rounds down mine. I have done everything wrong to the gun, and then some. Its good to go.

I am going to do a special writeup in the coming weeks about my experiences and findings, and also work with a member of long stature of this forum, to make a real, solid, pinned topic on this, and it may surprise you all....newb and oldskooler alike.

I have had a firearm in my hands since I was 5 years of age, and played with a great many different weapons, as well. Ive been prolific in my firearms hobby/right, and have always tried to drive that home to those around me always, but I have payed attention to whats good and whats not. I STILL get rolling eyes about the "Russian made AK shotgun" even today.

I feel that I owe it to the users, the parts guys, the factory, and the inventor, to share what I have learned about this most awesome weapon. I know there are others that feel the same way, as well.

The Saiga 12 is what sits loaded at the ready.....and wait till you read what I have done to mine....then you can decide for yourself why some of us call this "the weapon that should be loaded and ready in every American home".

I can say that after the first few months of owning my first Saiga I went out EVERY weekend and put a minimum of 2-4 hundred rounds down range, to include bird, buck and slugs in 2-3/4 & 3". I assume now that I have about 2-3k down the pipe and the only thing I can tell is that the parts are now worn in and the weapon operates smoother and more reliably.