When to Convert

So I've got my parts on order (FCG, Stock, Grip, Puck), I've put some rounds through to make sure it works, but when should I convert my brand new baby?

Is there a generally accepted round count? Do I wait for the warranty to expire? Do I do it as soon as I get the parts and damn all the rest?

Opinions are greatly appreciated!

Convert when:

1.) You have confirmed that it will fire any and all rounds/brands/brass types you intend to potentially put through it

2.) Warranty work (if needed) has been performed

3.) You have all needed 922r conversion parts on hand.

4.) A free weekend

Good Luck and have fun!

The big thing to check for is that the gun has at least 3 gas ports and you can put a paper clip through each one.

I did that and made sure everything looked straight and was put together well, I didn't fire mine before converting either.

The big thing to check for is that the gun has at least 3 gas ports and you can put a paper clip through each one.

I did that and made sure everything looked straight and was put together well, I didn't fire mine before converting either.

I should clarify, I did at least verify that I had at least 3 completely unobstructed ports, before converting also.

When you say "through each one" do you mean all the way into the barrel? I checked to make sure there were 3 ports, and the system seems to be cycling fine, but I can't fit the clip any depth down into each. Light doesn't pass through, either.

I did find a ton of shavings in there, though, so they may just be fowled from my last trip to the range...?

Thanks!

My 1st was a 4 hole and I never even fired it before converting. My second is a three hole and was thoroughly tested first, then converted.

When you say "through each one" do you mean all the way into the barrel? I checked to make sure there were 3 ports, and the system seems to be cycling fine, but I can't fit the clip any depth down into each. Light doesn't pass through, either.

I did find a ton of shavings in there, though, so they may just be fowled from my last trip to the range...?

Thanks!

The ports are at an angle. Maybe you're trying to stick the paper-clip straight down, and that's why it's not going through? Something to check out.

Also, for the record, I couldn't actually see light shining through my ports either, even though I could stick a tiny bent nail all the way through all 3 holes.

I converted when I got mine and was having trouble with the factory trigger getting stuck on the sear. It wouldn't release most of the time. So I was like, time for a new trigger.

I converted mine even though it doesnt cycle that winchester wal-mart crappy jumbo box.

Im sure it eventually will. I mean, I have three ports. Thats good enough.

Matter of fact. Im going to spend tonight doing laundry and a little more thorough sanding.

After that, Im sure the problems I thought I had cycling cheap ammo not intended for the gun in the first stupid place, will be long gone, or long forgotten.

That being said, if your gun has only 2 ports or has more but some ports don't go all the way through the barrel, for the love of Christ, send it to RAAC BEFORE converting it... please.

The ports are at an angle. Maybe you're trying to stick the paper-clip straight down, and that's why it's not going through? Something to check out.

Also, for the record, I couldn't actually see light shining through my ports either, even though I could stick a tiny bent nail all the way through all 3 holes.

Thanks, 22 (and everyone else who chimed in). It was the angle issue.

I really had to work to find the right spot for the paper clip to pass through, but it did in all 3 ports.

Next stop, Pistol Grip and NATO stocked!

Thanks again!

Thanks, 22 (and everyone else who chimed in). It was the angle issue.

I really had to work to find the right spot for the paper clip to pass through, but it did in all 3 ports.

Next stop, Pistol Grip and NATO stocked!

Thanks again!

No problem. Now go convert that thing! :devil: