Eastern Euro and Chinese surplus mags

Found some E Europe com block milsurp mags at $14.50 each at:

http://www.militarygunsupply.com/

They don't have a lot left, so I ordered four just because you can never have too many mags (this will give me 18!~ for 2 AKs).

They also have Chinese with the rounded rib down the back for about $20. He said they are not Koreans.

I am surprised that Mag prices have remained so stable during this scare. The last time we saw prices skyrocket over night. I remember seeing Glock 21 mags going for $125, each!

I am surprised that Mag prices have remained so stable during this scare. The last time we saw prices skyrocket over night. I remember seeing Glock 21 mags going for $125, each!

This was curious to me as well. Though there are quite a few 7.62x39 mags in the country right now. Maybe it has something to do with over supply. But don't fret, 2010 we will have super high prices again..... :haha:

+1

I agree and I think everyone got caught up in the ammo hype that they forgot about the mags...which are more likely to have restrictions put on them than the ammo.

Got my 4 mags from them today. Wow. 3 were brand new, without even evidence of ever being in a weapon! On had a "6" stenciled on the bottom, and had some slight wear where it had been in a weapon, but was excellent plus. Good buy for $14.50! I'll put my K-Var followers in them, and they will be good for either my Saiga or Rommie.

Got my 4 mags from them today. Wow. 3 were brand new, without even evidence of ever being in a weapon! On had a "6" stenciled on the bottom, and had some slight wear where it had been in a weapon, but was excellent plus. Good buy for $14.50! I'll put my K-Var followers in them, and they will be good for either my Saiga or Rommie.

So you'd rate these mags as pretty excellent, rangemaster? Of course I know that they will vary some, but I'm looking for a few more steel mags, in excellent condition only. I've got enough of em that already have medium wear. Also, why do you put K-Var followers in em? Does your Romy need the extra part for 922r?

I added the K-Var follower because I replaced the Century pistol grip on on my Rommie with a new bakelite Eastern European one and I needed a 922 part. I actually like the K-Var followers. Very smooth and cheap!

I would rate three as excellent and one as VG+. It had a couple superficial handling dings (nothing that interfered with follower) and slight mag well wear. The others were virtually new! When I took them apart, several had a brownish red sludge in the bottom that I first thought was rust. I it wiped out, though, and there was no rust underneath or pitting. I think it was cosmolene mixed with oil that had settled on the mag lock plate. All springs were blued and shiny and all followers were spotless and smooth.

Hmmmmm....

Then Chevy must mean a restaurant chain, not Chevrolet.

Now I'm confused. I thought Chevy meant an old, washed-up actor with obnoxious, far-left political views?! :unsure:

Dude, Caddyshack was great!

43a7a066ca99e7da009f4633cbce4a63.jpg

Nice. I just got a gun store special (I have no clue where the mag came from) for 20 bucks to help me make my bullet guide. It's steel and looks to be completely unused. My question is, I'm experiencing quite a bit of wobble, so is this normal in a European milsurp kind of magazine? I mean, it feeds great, I haven't had any issues with either firing it or hand cycling it, I'm just curious.

Nice. I just got a gun store special (I have no clue where the mag came from) for 20 bucks to help me make my bullet guide. It's steel and looks to be completely unused. My question is, I'm experiencing quite a bit of wobble, so is this normal in a European milsurp kind of magazine? I mean, it feeds great, I haven't had any issues with either firing it or hand cycling it, I'm just curious.

If you have magwell dimples you should not have wobble. If you have a flat side saiga, then you will have wobble with certain magazines.