Random question...have any Saiga rifles/shotguns ever been in any movies? Not the typical YouTube "me shooting my Saiga" videos but mainstream movies. Silly topic I know, but just something for you action movie buffs to keep an eye out for.

Last week on Discovery's Warrior show, they had Spatnez vs the Green Berets. It one part, the Ruskies used a Saiga while the US used a Mossberg pump. The Ruskies won that event hands down. They also won the overall competition. The summary stated that the Russians were better trained and more focused. The US was technologically superior, but toughness won out.

BobAsh's photos were from a show called firefly. They used a heavily modified version of an S12 to represent one of the main character's treasured firearms... the S12's name was Vera

Good Catch, spotting it in the show, but that gun was originally made (as far as i know) for the movie Showtime with Eddie Murphy and Robert Deniro by Gibbons Ltd. Gunsmiths Larry Zanoff and the late Jim Boland, in Burbank. Lots of the guns in Firefly were reused, including one of my personal favorites, the Mares Laig, originally designed by Kenny Howard (VonDutch) for Wanted:Dead or Alive with Steve McQueen. The Mares Laigs used in firefly were originally made for The Adventures of Brisco County Jr.

Theres a Krebs Custom saiga in Mr and Mrs Smith, and the gold plated ak from Lord of War started out as your ordinary Saiga Sporter, as well.

post-3313-1245883077_thumb.jpg

Edited by ReverendFranz