More Spare Parts

Where can we find recoil springs and or assemblies. I've been waiting for Tantel to get them in. In the meantime, I thought

I would ask the best source of info on Saiga 12's, ie ; all the Saiga dudes.

Oh yes, and factory or otherwise hammer springs. ( besides the 25% reduction spring)

Edited by double

Good question...one that has come up frequently with no real answers.

I've asked this here and on other forums. If you are looking for a part that could be covered by warranty repair, contact Cadiz gun works or go through RAA.

Once you are converted, warranty repair is not an option. With that said, my understanding is that many Saiga parts are based on regular AK parts which are widely available. The bolt and some other items that are specific to the 12 are somewhat available (but usually don't need repair).

I know that there have been a few members that have broken firing pins, and one guy crafted a working replacement from a regular, similarly sized hardened nail. People have used regular wire to craft magazine-springs as well. That's part of the beauty of the Saiga and AK's...they're like junkyard dogs.

Now that the weapon is gaining some popularity, I would bet we'll see some more factory and aftermarket replacement parts coming to market.

The only unique spring is the 2-piece recoil spring. Everything else is bog standard AK parts. In a pinch you could probably cut a full length spring in half and run it in a Saiga shotgun.