serial# h0844xxxx "vodka special"?

I just checked my new gun to see if the serial # matches the mentioned vodka special # "H08431xxx", well it seems real close h08446xxx. just wondering if i am correct. i still haven't got a chance to go shoot it yet. I bought some bulk win super x to run thru it. i hope it will cycle the ammo out of the box. its got three gas ports. i wont really know anything till i get to the range. just wondering if the serial # i have means anything bad about this gun.

Edited by jrp
I just checked my new gun to see if the serial # matches the mentioned vodka special # "H08431xxx", well it seems real close h08446616. just wondering if i am correct. i still haven't got a chance to go shoot it yet. I bought some bulk win super x to run thru it. i hope it will cycle the ammo out of the box. its got three gas ports. i wont really know anything till i get to the range. just wondering if the serial # i have means anything bad about this gun.

Yours is way past mine (8444xxx) and mine works fine.

Just shoot it and see if it functions properly. I don't think the s/n's mean squat.

I agree. I see too much variation in the numbers vs. problem guns.

OP, you have the gun. Go shoot it and see if it cycles light loads.

Mine was a "vodka special", or what I like to refer to as the limited edition with the rare "military barrel"! Anyhow, from what I understand if your gun has just TWO holes then it MAY have issues cycling low brass due to not enough gasses getting to the piston system to operate the action. Test it first with cheapo wally world ammo, and check it to see how many holes it has and that they are not blocked or obstructed then go from there.

Mine was a "vodka special", or what I like to refer to as the limited edition with the rare "military barrel"! Anyhow, from what I understand if your gun has just TWO holes then it MAY have issues cycling low brass due to not enough gasses getting to the piston system to operate the action. Test it first with cheapo wally world ammo, and check it to see how many holes it has and that they are not blocked or obstructed then go from there.

I'd like to clarify the "wally world ammo":

Use 7.5 Federal birdshot in the 100 rnd bulk pack. The Winchester universal seems to have thin hulls, and thin brass which can expand and stick in the barrel causing ejection issues. The federal is only $2 more and it's proven to be 100% reliable in a well functioning S12.

The serial numbers dont seem to mean much. I was looking at another post regarding the serial numbers and how many ports they have. There seems to be very little correlation, if any.

Basically if you have two ports and it doesnt cycle 1300fps shot, send it to RAAC for warranty repair.