possible to move the BHO to the left of rec.???

As the title states, is there a way to move the BHO to the left side of the reciever? I'm a left hander with 1/2 a thumb on the left hand so no thumb controls for me...has to be trigger finger... :ded: Or even an ambi BHO???

let me know if it could be done, and then who would be able to smith it???

TIA

Ambi? Probably not. Lefty? I'd say it's possible.

Thing is, the retainer for the hammer and trigger pins are on the left side of the receiver also, so you'd have to machine the mechanism to clear that. It could most certainly be done though. There's plenty of room in there to work with.

I'd make an offer to cook one up but, I don't have any tools or materials. Im sure somebody else could hook you up. Maybe talk to gunfixr?

I've been thinking about things like that since I did my conversion.... hmmmmmm

just looked in my gun and I see a way that I think I can make a ambi BHO.... but it would only work on converted guns

As soon as I can get some time I will tear the gun down and try to make something... if someone could possibly set me up with measurements of the BHO so that I dont have to tear mine apart I could possibly get a prototype much faster

As a lefty, I wouldn't mind something like an ambidextrous BHO, but I'm holding out for Cobra's LRBHO, so it's all good. In the mean time, I ran across this idea someone had. Unfortunately, I didn't take note of the source, so I'm not sure who did this. I found the pics via an online search for BHO.

DYSX_FBHODL_03.jpg

DYSX_FBHODL_02.jpg

DYSX_FBHODL_01.jpg

Corbin

Ambi? Probably not. Lefty? I'd say it's possible.

Thing is, the retainer for the hammer and trigger pins are on the left side of the receiver also, so you'd have to machine the mechanism to clear that. It could most certainly be done though. There's plenty of room in there to work with.

I'd make an offer to cook one up but, I don't have any tools or materials. Im sure somebody else could hook you up. Maybe talk to gunfixr?

Thanks to everyone!!! I wasn't even sure it was possible. Good to know that there are several possibilities, and that I wasn't the only one to think about it...The pivot idea looks good just without such a huge lever, something a bit less obtrusive would probably work as well...

Edited by lvjeffro
As a lefty, I wouldn't mind something like an ambidextrous BHO, but I'm holding out for Cobra's LRBHO, so it's all good. In the mean time, I ran across this idea someone had. Unfortunately, I didn't take note of the source, so I'm not sure who did this. I found the pics via an online search for BHO.

DYSX_FBHODL_03.jpg

DYSX_FBHODL_02.jpg

DYSX_FBHODL_01.jpg

Corbin

Thanks, that looks promising. I too am looking forward to cobras LRBHO, and hopefully cobra will have a manual option on his BHO, and if it does have a manual BHO then i would hope it too can be switched to the left side of the receiver.

I had heard that a few people were using the BHO as a manual LRBHO and the shot before they wanted to reload they were pushing the BHO up and stopping the bolt back.

This would make that process easier... I'd like to see a way to disengage the BHO without racking the bolt carrier.

... I'd like to see a way to disengage the BHO without racking the bolt carrier.

If you look at the lates Saiga I did, the one with the FAL charging handle, the BHO on it can be released without racking the bolt. It has an extension pin on it that protrudes out the side, and it is easily manipulated either up or down by the trigger finger.

To answer the OP, I'm pretty sure I could move it over, I'll look today and see for sure.

... I'd like to see a way to disengage the BHO without racking the bolt carrier.

If you look at the lates Saiga I did, the one with the FAL charging handle, the BHO on it can be released without racking the bolt. It has an extension pin on it that protrudes out the side, and it is easily manipulated either up or down by the trigger finger.

To answer the OP, I'm pretty sure I could move it over, I'll look today and see for sure.

Thanks man, just saw your conversion thread, very talented. If you are taking on work for these things im me with your number...

Edited by lvjeffro