Aww man! Im never going to get my TIG welder.

Sure you will.

RAAC will have their 5.45x39 Saigas out soon at an MSRP of less than $400 (just like the .223 and 7.62x39 Saigas they import)

So KVAR emailed me telling me they had a Saiga AK74! I was so excited and ready to buy. Then I see the price......$1100! WTF! ..........................

Yeah it pretty much defeats the purpose of trying to save money by shooting cheap surplus 5.45 ammo when the 5.45 rifle costs over a grand. Not sure what Arsenal's thought process was on this, but then again Smith and Wesson did the same thing last year with they came out with their 5.45 model M&P-15 that cost over $900, so whatever the thought process is it is apparently making the rounds. Maybe next month Mercedes-Benz will come out with a $40,000 luxury sedan with a bio-diesel engine that can run off all the McDonald's deep-fryer oil the driver can steal. Oh well, at least the 5.45 Saigas are also now finally available.

Edited by Frogfoot
So KVAR emailed me telling me they had a Saiga AK74! I was so excited and ready to buy. Then I see the price......$1100! WTF! ..........................

Yeah it pretty much defeats the purpose of trying to save money by shooting cheap surplus 5.45 ammo when the 5.45 rifle costs over a grand. Not sure what Arsenal's thought process was on this, but then again Smith and Wesson did the same thing last year with they came out with their 5.45 model M&P-15 that cost over $900, so whatever the thought process is it is apparently making the rounds. Maybe next month Mercedes-Benz will come out with a $40,000 luxury sedan with a bio-diesel engine that can run off all the McDonald's deep-fryer oil the driver can steal. Oh well, at least the 5.45 Saigas are also now finally available.

No. The "Arsenal sneaky-deal very-limited-numbers-for-maximum-price-gouging 5.45x39 Legion Saigas" are available.

There is a huge difference in these and the probable sub-$400 rifles RAAC will be offering.

Edited by nalioth