UTG Side Scope Mount

After checking out everything I have been able to find, the UTG side mount seems to be the best fit for me.

My question is, and yes I have searched to try to find the answer, can you still see the iron sights, or does it sit to low?

Also does the quick detach seem to lock as tight as the one with the 3 screws?

Thanks for the help.

After checking out everything I have been able to find, the UTG side mount seems to be the best fit for me.

My question is, and yes I have searched to try to find the answer, can you still see the iron sights, or does it sit to low?

Also does the quick detach seem to lock as tight as the one with the 3 screws?

Thanks for the help.

The UTG side mount sits a little too high for you to use the iron sights-it is completely blocking the rear leaf sight notch when looking downrange.

No problems with the quick detach,very solid- I had to adjust the locking screw once with a screwdriver, never had a problem since.

I use it as well, and like SGT Sajer, I had to use a screwdriver to really tighten it the first time. Rock solid after that. One and off very quickly, and holds zero great so far. As for co-witness on the irons, I think SGT Sajer meant to say that it sits too LOW to see the rear sights. With a rear mounted RD Sight you should be able to see the front sight in the scope, so you can sort of use it for vertical alignment. Overall, I'm very please with it thusfar...

DSC01185.JPG

I have one and it works great. Why would you have to co-witness? If the scope goes dead or gets damaged you just flip the lever and take it off.

Please stop using common sense. Personally I like co-witnessing my optics... can't really give you a reason why, I just do. :ded: