SAFETY SELECTOR LEVER

I've used regular AK safety levers.

I pick them up from the "junk guy" at the guns shows.

I understand that and AK safety lever is a safety lever is a Saiga safety lever, My question is where can I get one?

The S12 and AK safety's are not the same. The AK safety can be made to work, but the dimple that makes the scratch is in a different place. There will be two scratches about 3/8" apart.

You can get an AK safety at most gun shows, or online at just about anyone who sells AK parts. If you want a Saiga safety tantal is the only source I'm aware of. He did have them in stock recently.

Hmm, on the AK levers I have used there has not been a difference in length in the scratch marks.

Perhaps I have been lucky.

The only time one did not fit from the get go was in a Saiga .308 because the nub on the safety had to be built up.

I too removed too much from the safety.

Put it in a vise sandwiched between two pieces of brass, Mig welded a chunk back on (took all of two minutes). Filed it to fit.

I take you you don't have access to a Mig welder.

Put it in a vise sandwiched between two pieces of brass, Mig welded a chunk back on (took all of two minutes). Filed it to fit.

Yep No mig! But I may take it over to someone that does. Best would be a straight up S12 replacement I just cant find one, I can get a Krebs but I really don't want to pay $65 for one.

Yep No mig! But I may take it over to someone that does. Best would be a straight up S12 replacement I just cant find one, I can get a Krebs but I really don't want to pay $65 for one.

Hi. Just wanted to recommend putting in a tactical safety lever. My Saiga 12 received one as part of the upgrade, and my Saiga .308 came with it. I had one put on my SAR-1. It cost me with installation, around $50.00. Basically, you can raise or drop the safe with your right finger, while the right hand is still on the pistol grip. In addition, there is a slot that can hold the bolt back. Anyway, hope this helps.

John

Tantal has them, PM for contact info.

S12-SL Saiga-12 selector lever, Izhmash original in new condition, correct factory black finish. Great to have as a spare, or slot it to use as a custom bolt hold open mechanism, $14.95 (+ shipping $4.90) IN STOCK

Any welding shop can fix it in a matter of minutes for a reasonable price, find a guy that likes guns and it'll probably be free.

EDIT: I have a extra, would trade for a vertical grip... Or... Send me $20. & a SASE (padded envelope) and its yours.

Edited by ChileRelleno