Burris Fastfire with 1911 mount

I have mounted a Fastfire on my Saiga-12 with a home made mount, using the rear sight cut.

Has anybody used the Burris Fastfire 1911 mount to do the same thing? A 1911 rear sight slides into the Saiga rear sight cut.

I ordered the mount to experiment. I expect it to look "professional" when done.

I have mounted a Fastfire on my Saiga-12 with a home made mount, using the rear sight cut.

Has anybody used the Burris Fastfire 1911 mount to do the same thing? A 1911 rear sight slides into the Saiga rear sight cut.

I ordered the mount to experiment. I expect it to look "professional" when done.

I used a JPoint with the same 1911 mount last year and had to remove some of the material on the bottom rear of the mount to get it to fit. The mounts dovetail was a little small for my sight groove. It eventually came off on it's own.

Greg

• 3 weeks later...

Looks pretty nice where did you find that mount ?? also just busting your balls mostly uhh where you jumping on a trampoline while taking the picture or have i had to much to drink ? j/k nice mag well by the way I want one I just dont see my self modifying my mags :/

Looks pretty nice where did you find that mount ?? also just busting your balls mostly uhh where you jumping on a trampoline while taking the picture or have i had to much to drink ? j/k nice mag well by the way I want one I just dont see my self modifying my mags :/

I'm old and scary, thus the shakes. Believe or not, I took 6 pictures and these are the least shaky. I going to have to get a tripod.

The mags are Pro-Mag, relatively cheap, and I actually like the look.

post-4457-1250223584_thumb.jpg

It is called a 1911 mount. If you go to the Burris web site, they list: 410321 Mount - 1911 Standard.

Be forewarned, it has to be modified to fit. I got mine on EBAY. A mount is listed for about $40. I bought the red dot on EBAY for $169. Watch out for the shipping charges.

This is interesting, thanks for the info & pics.

I did a quick search and found this page

FastFire

And it shows several 1911 setups. OK you posted the # of the mount you used.

410321 Mount - 1911 Standard

410322 Mount - 1911 Novak

410323 Mount - Kimber Standard & Bomar

Edited by Coils