Promags or surfire mags

i was looking at some magazines for sale and saw a surefire mag for a saiga 7.62 priced around $45. then i saw a pro mag priced for $24. i was wondering what the difference was between them and if the pro mags are good to buy even though they're half the price of the others. do the pro mags cause jams or something else to reflect the price difference? they were the same rd count. thanks, i need some guidence.

okay, i just won a x39 on gunbroker and havent received it or shot one yet,

but before buying, i bought eight 30 round promags from a guy on these forums for a great price ($75 shipped) so its worth it and i got a great deal whether they function 100% or not.

But from what ive seen. Sometimes some of the promags might not cycle the last round in the magazine, so that they are more like 29 round mags. But others work just fine.

All of them have lots of mag wobble, and seem to have a plastic tab near the top of the mag that breaks off easilly. However, there is a lifetime replacement warranty, so if you get a bad mag, or break it, send it to promag and they should send you another one.

I however dont want to use promag as a primary serious purposes mag, mostly for range or plinking mag. Promag's reputation is pretty bad and i dont know how they stay in business because they cant seem to make a reliable mag for any weapon.

The x39 i won on gunbroker comes with 3 -30 round surefire mags (got it for $300 with the promags, great deal), so i will have both. But I have heard that the surefires fit firm and secure with little to no wobble. They also are very reliable with feeding. I have never seen anyone complain about a surefire, but i have seen a few about the promags, but it appears that its only about the last round, and most people dont see that as a huge problem.

Personally, because i want a reliable weapon to have reliable mags for serious purposes, id rather have 1 surefire than 2 promags. So i think its worth the price difference.

Edited by indie

Go with the metal mags if possible if you cant due to 922r then go surefire, the promags will cause nothing but grief and I will bet a box of ammo it will be at the worst possible time. Promag got that horrid reputation for very good reasons on a lot of different guns, they are no bargain even if they were giving them away. If you have them only use at the range and never load them past 80% capacity, Ive seen them push the bullet into the brass case on the last round, not good.

but before buying, i bought eight 30 round promags from a guy on these forums for a great price ($75 shipped) so its worth it and i got a great deal whether they function 100% or not.

We differ on the definition of "great price"..... My advice is sell them or pass them along to some other sucker as soon as you can. Both dieb4iwake and SOPMOD are correct. Surplus metal mags or circle 10 poly mags work great.

i was looking at some magazines for sale and saw a surefire mag for a saiga 7.62 priced around $45. then i saw a pro mag priced for $24. i was wondering what the difference was between them and if the pro mags are good to buy even though they're half the price of the others. do the pro mags cause jams or something else to reflect the price difference? they were the same rd count. thanks, i need some guidence.

Go with the Tapco mags. They are cheaper than any others and have performed flawlessly for me and many others. I have seven of them that have all been cycled many times with absolutely no problems.

Yeah, the tab up front might break if you slam the rifle on it's buttstock, but seriously, how the fuck is that ever going to happen unless you are a complete and utter idiot? It performs better than any other US made mag in kvar's video, and is half the price.

Go with the Tapco mags. They are cheaper than any others and have performed flawlessly for me and many others. I have seven of them that have all been cycled many times with absolutely no problems.

Yeah, the tab up front might break if you slam the rifle on it's buttstock, but seriously, how the fuck is that ever going to happen unless you are a complete and utter idiot? It performs better than any other US made mag in kvar's video, and is half the price.

Well.... I'm not an utter idiot, and I took a head dive with my XM177E2 in a tactical situation. We were searching for an armed car jacker in the woods, in a pitch-black night (hot pursuit, no night vision). It went flying when I crashed. I KNOW if it had been an AK with a Tapco, the mag would have failed! The base of the mag was caked with hard packed dirt where it dug into the hard Sierra, adobe like clay soil when it hit. Metal Mil-Surp or Bulgarian circle 10 waffle is all I car to trust my life to.. But, it's your life, not mine. To each his (or her) own!!!!