Belligerence is a bad way to approach a tight-knit, well-armed community. Chill the fuck out and quit whining, apologize for being a dick and move on. People here aren't going to hold a little bit of bad behavior against you forever if you man up, and you'll find a lot of helpful, decent people here who would rather help than harass.

WOW

I post a group buy for UTG Saiga rails and the thread gets deleted and now the administrator announces that he planned to do this himself.

This is un-freaking believable

Not really, he has been talking about it since the last SHOT Show.

It is really more believable when you consider that it is his forum and it is quite conceivable that he may wish to reserve the right to sell some items here exclusively to himself. I would guess that most of your local gun shops would have a similar policy if you tried to set up a sale at their business location...

But, as you were only doing it as a gesture of friendship and to thank folks for the help that you have received I don't see the problem. If true, I would say that your good intent has been demonstrated, let the rest go.

Not really, he has been talking about it since the last SHOT Show.

It is really more believable when you consider that it is his forum and it is quite conceivable that he may wish to reserve the right to sell some items here exclusively to himself. I would guess that most of your local gun shops would have a similar policy if you tried to set up a sale at their business location...

But, as you were only doing it as a gesture of friendship and to thank folks for the help that you have received I don't see the problem. If true, I would say that your good intent has been demonstrated, let the rest go.

Well said Azrial! Love the gunshop analogy - totally hits the mark - when in Daddy's house obey his rules. Yeah, let's not look totally surprised when the site OWNER wants to sell stuff on his OWN site - exclusively or not - totally his choice.

If you want to set your own rules - start your own site, spend a decade building up the community and then claim exclusivity on smart alecs all you want.

'Nuff said.