saiga 12 conversion parts

I have a saiga 12 w/ 19inch barrel, yet want to convert it to a

Saiga-12 EXP-01-030 Swat model.

My problem is I can not seem to fine conversion factory parts (magwell, Picatinny rails on the top of the receiver, fsb on gas block)?

Can anyone tell me were I can find these parts in the U.S.?

post-15748-1249523850_thumb.png

My problem is I can not seem to fine conversion factory parts (magwell, Picatinny rails on the top of the receiver, fsb on gas block)?

im thinking you are in for a looooooooooooooong wait on parts.......

www.russmilitary.com is always out of stock on parts

you can always spend a shit ton of money and get one of our business members to custom make damn near every part u want

you can always spend a shit ton of money and get one of our business members to custom make damn near every part u want

Re: What business members would that be?

Re: What business members would that be?

Tromix,CGW,E-tac,Tac-47 take your pick and good luck with the build

no comment :P

post-14620-1249548080_thumb.jpg

haha now I know who's hording all the spare parts.

those tactical grips with the finger grooves look to be pretty functional. need to part with one? :P

on topic: dinzag can offer his service to alter your gas tube so you can install the handguards you are after... the factory folding mechanism would be a custom job that any of the vendors on these forums would shudder to do, unless you have all the needed parts for it... the receiver cover just has a rail installed... the factory magwell could be found via rusmilitary.com as well as the tactical grip and buttstock. i think that covers what all you'd be able to do with it. the only thing that might be impossible is the hinged receiver cover, i haven't seen that done yet.

-just noticed the front sight. that's a different gas block obviously. you'd probably have to find that overseas as well.

i think a point was that a smith could custom craft some stuff for you, but i'm not sure if many of the vendors here are in for some one-off work.

Edited by mechsterbator

those tactical grips with the finger grooves look to be pretty functional. need to part with one? :P

on topic: dinzag can offer his service to alter your gas tube so you can install the handguards you are after... the factory folding mechanism would be a custom job that any of the vendors on these forums would shudder to do, unless you have all the needed parts for it... the receiver cover just has a rail installed... the factory magwell could be found via rusmilitary.com as well as the tactical grip and buttstock. i think that covers what all you'd be able to do with it. the only thing that might be impossible is the hinged receiver cover, i haven't seen that done yet.

-just noticed the front sight. that's a different gas block obviously. you'd probably have to find that overseas as well.

i think a point was that a smith could custom craft some stuff for you, but i'm not sure if many of the vendors here are in for some one-off work.

thanks for the replies,

What about the FSB on the Gas Block?

thanks for the information.

I would LOVE one of the Swat model gas blocks.

GAS block in "Saiga-12 03 EXP 01" Gas tube can disconnect look like on AK assaul rifles. it can help you for easy cleaninig.

On photo you can watch on EXP-01 for citizens with blocking mechanism, when they switched on, we can't shoot with folded stock.

post-14620-1249627624_thumb.jpg

post-14620-1249627726_thumb.jpg

post-14620-1249627755_thumb.jpg

post-14620-1249627955_thumb.jpg

If you want i can show you more photos of this shotgun

Please budget a decent amount of time to do your research here and other websites.

Its not a matter of just a couple simple questions and answers.

Have fun

HarvKY

if the forum moderators are ok with it, i have a couple links to gunbroker auctions that will help you start your path.

on the other hand, if i'm in violation, please feel free to edit or delete.

given that these are auctions, if you are seriously considering this project, then you should hop on them, as they do run out in a few days.

the website is easy to sign up for and use.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=136406384 - the front latch kit, for retaining the folding stock in the folded position. if this is what it is advertised as, then it is the rare (not the ak74 version) front latch kit that you will need for the conversion. i've read some forum posts on a couple vendors here that have done the conversion, and they have said that they most likely wouldn't consider it again, unless the proper latch kit was provided along with a decent sum of money for the PITA factor. i think tromix and CGW were the vendors that did it, please correct me if i'm wrong :unsure:

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=136199640 - russian magwell - self explanitory, and i'm not sure how this would be installed, searching the forum for that knowledge would most likely cover it.

if you are wanting to make it look identical to the factory edition... you will definitely want to remember that you have to stay compliant. using all of the factory parts will make it tough to stay compliant. the trigger/hammer/disconnector/gas piston/muzzle attachment(on threaded barrels) being 5 parts, i'm not sure if that will be enough, but you will have to do the math on your own, to make sure you are in the safe zone.

Please support the business members, for instance don't buy off of gunbroker, when one of our members sells a comparable part. Our business members will always stand up for their products and services, where as the guys you buy from on gubroker, who knows.

I don't think any of our members sell that latch, but a magwell is definitely available...

JT Engineering Magwell

http://store.carolinashooterssupply.com/se...ga-12-JT/Detail

http://store.carolinashooterssupply.com/se...Magazine/Detail

Also, if you don't want to mess around for hours and hours finding all the parts you need, Cobra 76 two, another business member, offers a service to do it for you, he's a good guy, I've dealt with him a few times.

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=37791

Edited by vbrtrmn
Please support the business members, for instance don't buy off of gunbroker, when one of our members sells a comparable part. Our business members will always stand up for their products and services, where as the guys you buy from on gubroker, who knows.

I don't think any of our members sell that latch, but a magwell is definitely available...

JT Engineering Magwell

http://store.carolinashooterssupply.com/se...ga-12-JT/Detail

http://store.carolinashooterssupply.com/se...Magazine/Detail

Also, if you don't want to mess around for hours and hours finding all the parts you need, Cobra 76 two, another business member, offers a service to do it for you, he's a good guy, I've dealt with him a few times.

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=37791

the forum vendors were in my mind when i thought about my post... however, the original poster expressed his interest in having a "clone" or "lookalike" so to speak, and as far as that is concerned, the original factory magwell would be involved.