how would you fill in the scrolling on a reciever

I am getting ready to duracoat an 1100 but I want to fill in the scrolling on the receiver. I thought of using fiberglass resin or epoxy but I think that would flake out. I think the best option other than welding it all up would be to use JB Weld.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

solder

Forgive my ignorance, I don't do too much soldering other than the cheap stuff you buy at the hardware store. Are you referring to that solder or silver solder or some other kind?

Thanks

how deep is the scrolling? Duracoat makes Durafill for pits dings and scratches. Other then that stiff solder. Like leading for hotrods

Now leading I can do. I called Houts and they said Dura Fil would not fill the scrolling on the 1100, which is about 1/16" deep.

Thanks Max

solder

Forgive my ignorance, I don't do too much soldering other than the cheap stuff you buy at the hardware store. Are you referring to that solder or silver solder or some other kind?

Thanks

silver solder will work, but the receiver could be destroyed if too much heat is used. I would use a low temp solder. If properly done it will be there for ever.