I visited my local Wal-Mart today, and they had five 100-round boxes of Winchester (White Box) .45 ACP, 230GR RN for only $29.97 each. They also had several 50-round boxes of Federal .45 ACP, 230GR RN for $14.97 each. They also had WWB .40 S&W 100-round value packs for about $28 each, and a boatload of both Federal and Remington Golden Bullet 550-round value packs for about $15.50 each.

I spoke to a couple of the employees in sporting goods, and they gave the impression that shipments are coming more frequently and supply is catching up with demand. They even waived the six-box limit and let me buy what I wanted (a few hundred rounds of .45, and a few thousand of .22). They had some of the first WWB 9mm value packs I've seen in months, a few weeks ago, and they actually lasted more than a day, selling for (if I recall correctly) about $22 a box. They've also been consistently receiving shipments of Blazer brass 9mm, .40S&W, and .45.

Might be reading too much into this, but it looks like even domestically-produced ammo is coming back down and becoming more available. I hope so.

Gonna go check that out in a while. Thanks for the tip. I've noticed that things are also coming back into the market. I can once again find AR uppers. Mostly M4's, which I'm not in the market for, but uppers non the less. Anyone know who has 20 inch complete A2's send me a shout out.

The wal-mart's and academy's around the SW side of the Houston area have been catching up (meaning it's been on the shelves) with pretty much everything except the cheap (Monarch) 7.62X39.

So it seems like the mad rush is cooling down around here. :up:

Edited by Raoul_Duke