My New Lancaster AK 74

As promised, some pics of my new Lancaster AK 74.

lancasterak74i.jpg

lancasterak74b.jpg

New US made 4140 chrome moly - chrome lined barrel, Elk River receiver,on a Bulgarian AK 74 parts kit. Plum furniture, zigzag muzzle brake, Bulgarian circle 10 mag included. Lifetime warranty for the original owner.

Bulgarian mags fit perfectly, East German bakelite mags have a bit of wobble, but nothing major. Very happy with the fit and finish or the rifle, but have had it less than a week so I've not made it to the range yet.

Got some Bulgarian wood I've refinished ready to install, and will post more pics when I add that and a few other goodies... :)

Very nice rifle :)

Bulgarian mags fit perfectly, East German bakelite mags have a bit of wobble, but nothing major.

Can we give this a break?

This term is so horribly misused that nobody knows what it means any more.

All Kalashnikovs have mag wobble. Every single one. They're not AR15s.

Complaining about AK mag wobble is like complaining that you have to manually operate the bolt hold open on an AR15 when changing magazines.

FYI: Century hogged out some WASRs back in the 90s to such an extent, that the mags would swivel to such an extreme, the gun would malfunction. If you're not having this issue - you don't have "mag wobble" worth complaining about.

• 4 weeks later...