Bill Woodin uses a CGW 12 Ga conversion to protect his clients on a recent bear filming trip. This is the same area where the bears ate that couple a few years back........ :smoke:

Tom,[/size] As promised, here a a couple of pictures from my recent contract I had with a Japanese film crew. I used your modified saiga for protection. We never had to use it, but had a great sense of safety around these bears. We probably encountered 500-700 different bears during the 5-week job. Thanks again, and I hope you can use this for your promotion. Bill Woodin

4 W AIR

Box 4401

Soldotna, AK 99669

907-776-5370 (year-round) voice & FAX

907-246-4939 (June-Sept) King Salmon

post-2142-1251678856_thumb.jpg

post-2142-1251678873_thumb.jpg

Ah, he used "your modified saigo for protection". Glad he knows the firearm so well. :rolleyes:

I don't have any personal experience fucking around in Alaskan bear country, but, if it were me, I think I'd have a 10 or 12 round mag, (loaded with 3" slugs), in the gun, rather than the factory 5. *shrug*

Clearly, he is not "one of us", but it is cool that you're expanding your business by having guys like this as clients. :up:

I don't have any personal experience fucking around in Alaskan bear country, but, if it were me, I think I'd have a 10 or 12 round mag, (loaded with 3" slugs), in the gun, rather than the factory 5. *shrug*

If he had asked me, (maybe he did, I just dont remember) I would have told him to run nothing BUT a factory mag, 5 round or 8 round. I cannot, and do not at this time, endorse anything but the factory mags for critical use and situations, myself. I know Tom feels the same.

Thanks for the pictures, Bill!

If he had asked me, (maybe he did, I just dont remember) I would have told him to run nothing BUT a factory mag, 5 round or 8 round. I cannot, and do not at this time, endorse anything but the factory mags for critical use and situations, myself. I know Tom feels the same.

Alright fine, should have used 8-rounders, then. These are fucking grizzly bears we're talking about, after all. :D

Alright fine, should have used 8-rounders, then. These are fucking grizzly bears we're talking about, after all. :D

Well yeah but it is a big 1 up than the eskimo wepon hehe

post-17989-1251690793_thumb.png

dont get me wrong, there is a phenominal showing in the USA shooting community and MFG areas on this, and there is some really great stuff out there

....my rifles on the same hand, I prefer a 20 round or even 10 round mag (AR or AK platforms), for the next reason, and that is handiness and compactness.

and for those two reasons are why you see Mr Woodin using a factory 5.......you simply cannot have a failure of any kind. Firearm error or not.

the film crew looks like they feel pretty safe, dont ya think? Thank You to them, as well, for the photoop!

The factory five rounder should provide more that enough ammo. You don't have to outrun the bear, just the next slowest person out there. Five rounds should be more than enough to slow somebody else down and outrun them. :lolol:

On a serious note, Congrats to CGW for providing another fine gun to the world.

Congrats! Pretty cool to see a Saiga being used for something like this.

(Anyone notice how it looks like the camera guy is holding his camera in the exact manner as the guy is holding his S12? How stereotypically fitting. The Japanese guy showing off his camera, and the American showing off his lead thrower. :D Just thought that was funny.)

Lewis and Clark (actually Mr. Lewis) referred to the Grizzly bear as "the enemy" in his journals. not "mr chocolate" or "fluffy". I dont think you want to miss your shot with one of these beasts......

kudos to Mr Woodin for a good choice in superior small arms! It will never fail you.

....the camera gives you immortality, in a way, so the man should be holding it like that. Nice 250k$ cam, btw.....