Granted, I'm somewhat of a "noob" myself, but if you want to stay stock mags- Surefire. Period. I just ordered two more this week. I'm wondering how long those integral bullet guides will last though.

For 7.62, I think it would be worth it to buy a bullet guide from Dinzag, file the magwell, and buy 15-20 dollar AK mags all day.

I am sitting on the fence whether to go the bullet guide route, then an AR mag adapter, or just a bullet guide and Galil mags or Bulgie Circle 10's.

There are AK mags at nearly every Surplus store, and the like for the price range mentioned above, even much cheaper. New mags for 7.62 can be had for around that rate too.

Enjoy your new Russian baby!

Bullet Guide + any standard AK magazine

100% this.

For 7.62, I think it would be worth it to buy a bullet guide from Dinzag, file the magwell, and buy 15-20 dollar AK mags all day.

I'm sure most will know what you meant, but for those who may not............you file the mag catch on the rifle, not the magwell opening.

Just wanted to catch that, before some new person saw that, and went to town on his magwell, with a file, and then starts a thread titled: "I filed my magwell and now my mags just fall out when I try to insert them" :o

:D

Bullet Guide + any standard AK magazine

100% this.

I'm sure most will know what you meant, but for those who may not............you file the mag catch on the rifle, not the magwell opening.

Just wanted to catch that, before some new person saw that, and went to town on his magwell, with a file, and then starts a thread titled: "I filed my magwell and now my mags just fall out when I try to insert them" :o

:D

Yeah, Thanks 22_shooter being da new kid on da block we almost got twisted but remembered other threads. :eek: