Can anyone give some info on Pennsylvania's new receiver cllasification system?? From what I read that if you

buy a stripped lower (AR) or, any receiver capable of accepting a pistol grip, has to be transferred to me

as a pistol. I looked through the forum and have not seen anything listed or may have missed it. I dont know if this

will affect me or the AK's that I build. Thank's in advance for any help with this.

Edited by whitetrashrn

Can anyone give some info on Pennsylvania's new receiver cllasification system?? From what I read that if you

buy a stripped lower (AR) or, any receiver capable of accepting a pistol grip, has to be transferred to me

as a pistol. I looked through the forum and have not seen anything listed or may have missed it. I dont know if this

will affect me or the AK's that I build. Thank's in advance for any help with this.

In the case of the stripped lower it is transferred just as that, a lower. You have to be 21 to receive them. I can't cite the exact law on this but it is being discussed here

http://forum.pafoa.org/pennsylvania-10/65038-ar-15-owners-take-note-immanent-psp-regulations-changes.html

Basically the gist is what the Pa State Police is doing is making up their own laws and attempting to make FFLs to follow them. Last time I checked though the legislature is the one who makes the laws and the State Police are the guys who get to enforce said laws. But what do I know...

Pick one up, and then wait a week and pick up the second one. If he transfers both in the same transaction, he has to report you to the BATF for multiple puchases of handguns. It is a shady way to identify people who are building their own rifles. When your dealer receives them on his books, there is no rule I know of that forces him to transfer them at the same time. If you have to pay another transfer fee, so be it. I would rather pay twice than be reported.