factory setup stocks

These stocks are best used by dealers at gunshows to rope nobs into thinking that they are buying Saigas that have already been "converted." Do a proper restoration, you will be glad that you did.

I love my converted S12. That being said, I have an unconverted one too and put the adjustible RAA skeleton stock on it. It's pricey but I actually like it way better. The unconverted guns with a smaller magazine can go anywhere with no issues. There's an advantage to that. With the stocks, I think you get what you pay for. I remember looking through forum search and there's so much info that basically sums up as, "Avoid plastic and shitty/thin metal tube stocks. If it's a side folder, then you need thicker higher quality metal and reciever."

I agree with not liking the look, but that's a personal thing, do what you want. I, however, hate the trigger slap from the non converted saigas. After 100 rounds it'll feel like you've repeatedly smacked your finger on the corner of the table. The trigger is much better on a converted gun. You are also given more stock/grip options which is nice. I have a caa buffer tube with a magpul stock and a saw grip. It works perfectly for me.

Let me direct you to here:

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=39651

More specifically:

Ok, that's all well and good... but WHY SHOULD I CONVERT?

Upside:

~Removes complication from your fire control group.

~Improves every aspect of trigger pull. You get lighter pull, less friction, better feel, less slack, etc etc etc. Pulling a trigger rather than pulling a lever that tilts a bar that pulls the real trigger isn't the best setup.