Issue with new Pro Mag Saiga-12 10 round mag.

So I bought a 10 round Pro Mag I found on a site, for some crazy price like $15-$25. Anyway, it looks greats, holds ammo, and even fits in the receiver .... BUT ... it will NOT lock in place. I slammed it in, I pushed it in hard, but to no avail. I think the problem is that there is some plastic on the magazine, getting in the way, and preventing it from going a few inches further, to lock in the place

I know they have a lifetime warranty ... but if just cutting away the excess plastic will fix it, I'll go for it. Will this void the warranty though? I searched the forums and didn't see anything in particular about people having an issue with them not locking in.

Thanks,

Chris

Edited by guitarman8373

So I bought a 10 round Pro Mag I found on a site, for some crazy price like $15-$25. Anyway, it looks greats, holds ammo, and even fits in the receiver .... BUT ... it will NOT lock in place. I slammed it in, I pushed it in hard, but to no avail. I think the problem is that there is some plastic on the magazine, getting in the way, and preventing it from going a few inches further, to lock in the place

I know they have a lifetime warranty ... but if just cutting away the excess plastic will fix it, I'll go for it. Will this void the warranty though? I searched the forums and didn't see anything in particular about people having an issue with them not locking in.

Thanks,

Chris

Yes just file a little at a time until it fits in...

I have found that mine are closer then yours as at first...they click in when you hit them but after awhile (10 tries) they just click in. Filing them probably voids the warrenty but... If you have never filed one take a look at the MD20 installation/fitting video which you can find on the MDarms page. Probably the "B" fitting issue. Also I have given the Promags a good shot of silicone spray inside before using them and really have not had any problems.

I filed down my gen. 1 S12 Promags to get them to fit into my shotgun, when they did not work I sent them back to get replaced and did not have any problems with the warranty being voided. My gen. 2 were a pretty tight fit at first but once I gave them "the old in out, in out" a few times they fit nice and snug. All in all they work fine now, but I dont think I will be buying anymore Promags given the amount of time and effort I had to put into it to get a working setup.