Conversion without replacing butstock

Picking up 7.62 today and want to do a conversion without replacing butstock so I can use my old REGULAR CAPACITY :super: AK magazines.

From what I understand I need to replace four parts :hammer, disconnector, foregrip and piston.

Am I correct in my calculations?

Also at some point I want to replace FSB for 24mm FSB and install a muzzle brake. will it affect conversion and if yes what can be done?

P.S. Kalifornia gun laws are retarded, but we working on it. :donatello:

Already have 20" .223. :devil:

IMG_1662.jpg

Picking up 7.62 today and want to do a conversion without replacing butstock so I can use my old REGULAR CAPACITY :super: AK magazines.

From what I understand I need to replace four parts :hammer, disconnector, foregrip and piston.

Also at some point I want to replace FSB for 24mm FSB and install a muzzle brake. will it affect conversion and if yes what can be done?

P.S. Kalifornia gun laws are retarded, but we working on it. :donatello:

Already have 20" .223. :devil:

IMG_1662.jpg

I don't think you will be able to use another FCG without changing out the buttstock and moving forward the trigger, though I could be mistaken. Also, doesn't CA law prohibit mags greater than 10 rounds?

Notwithstanding that, Federal law could be satisfied by changing either the handguard or gas piston, and using American made mags only. You could resort to your other stash of mags if the SHTF and the law becomes irrelevant.

Jim

Theoretically, you should be able to do a pistol grip conversion and retain the monte carlo stock. You may have to remove the stock and re install it, but that's not a big deal. The biggest issue I see is that you will need an American parts count high enough to qualify as 922® compliant. The FCG is three, the US made pistol grip is one. Replacing the Russian stock with a US made stock is one more, as is replacing the US made forend. You may need other US components - best to check for a list of required parts

If you are not planning on going 922® compliant, you will want to leave the rifle as is. As you live in the peoples republic of California, there are many anti gun radicals looking for any excuse to take your weapon away, and if they can - you along with it.

Peace.

WS

A US made FCG will give you 3 US made parts (trigger, hammer, disco). Then, all you'd need to swap out is the handguard (easier than a piston swap). That's 4 parts, and you're free to use any mags of any size from any country (given your Cali laws are met, obviously).

You can use the factory stock when the FCG is moved forward. I've seen it many times here. No problems there.

A US made FCG will give you 3 US made parts (trigger, hammer, disco). Then, all you'd need to swap out is the handguard (easier than a piston swap). That's 4 parts, and you're free to use any mags of any size from any country (given your Cali laws are met, obviously).

You can use the factory stock when the FCG is moved forward. I've seen it many times here. No problems there.

But if I move FCG forward it's gonna be weird to operate without grip.

But if I move FCG forward it's gonna be weird to operate without grip.

My mistake. I missed the part about you not wanting to add a pistol grip. :beaten:

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry to thread jack but I am in a similar boat living behind the Iron Curtain and thought this is relevant to the ops question. When replacing the hammer and disconnector, you still have to drill out the rivets for the FCG, correct? What can be used to replace those rivets and hold the FCG when not pushing it forward. I'm sure I can scour the hardware store but what are most people using that is reliable and clean looking. Thanks!!!